annoying room issues

jami w.

just being me thats all
20180417_082926.jpg my listening area is the living room with hardwood floors (1903 original) when house was built. 30' length x 20' wide. the issuse im having is how to deal with a enclosed bump out (covered chimney). or should i just move the left speaker over next to the entertainment center? i have a spare bedroom, 15'x15' but really dont want to move it all in there. livingroom would be empty.
how would you deal with issue? any ideas or insights? 20180417_082911.jpg20180417_082831.jpg

Last edited:
Can you just move the speaker to the other side of the chimney and move the other one forward to match? Personally I wouldn't want them out in the hallway, but thats probably because I'd trip on them in the middle of the night at some point. Stubbed toes at 2 am are not how you want to wake yourself up.

Can you just move the speaker to the other side of the chimney and move the other one forward to match? Personally I wouldn't want them out in the hallway, but thats probably because I'd trip on them in the middle of the night at some point. Stubbed toes at 2 am are not how you want to wake yourself up.
no to close to couch, i just moved it next to the entertainment center.

You have no wife correct? This is always my first question in speaker placement.
you mean do i have a hubby? are you assuming im a male?:rflmao:but no im single.
i moved the left speaker next to the entertainment center. the chimney bump out is all most in the center of wall.

What is behind the line 6 amp? Maybe you can move the amp some where else and move your entertainment stand to the right enough to fit your left speaker on the wall?

The chimney must go lol.

Are you able to rearrange the setup so the equipment is on the long wall?
no because of the bedroom door on left side of the chimmney bump out. and the surround speakers would be off. im just dealing with it the way it is.

(calls landlord)- hey that bump out wall is messing up my ht setup, chimney needs to go!

no because of the bedroom door on left side of the chimmney bump out. and the surround speakers would be off. im just dealing with it the way it is.

(calls landlord)- hey that bump out wall is messing up my ht setup, chimney needs to go!
I had a similar situation when I moved to California, didn't even bother unpacking my equipment for almost three yrs until we moved again.

Is there a different wall you could put the stereo on? With your 20' width, I'd try putting the stereo on one of the 30' walls if that's an option.

What is behind the line 6 amp? Maybe you can move the amp some where else and move your entertainment stand to the right enough to fit your left speaker on the wall?
the wall you see in the pic.

I agree with DZ. Maybe put some casters on the guitar amp with longer cabling and "store" it along the long wall to the right and roll it into place in front of the entertainment center for use. It puts your mains a bit close together for your listening distance but you don't have a lot of options.

I agree with DZ. Maybe put some casters on the guitar amp with longer cabling and "store" it along the long wall to the right and roll it into place in front of the entertainment center for use. It puts your mains a bit close together for your listening distance but you don't have a lot of options.
i redid my entire ht setup again including the reciever lol. the left main speaker is next to the chimmeny bump out.

Last edited:
Annoying room issues-------------------- How about soggy carpet.Thats pretty annoying.:(

Back
Top Bottom