Comparable to a Sansui AU/TU 717?

ccawker

Posted this same question(wrong,i am assuming) on another thread(Sansui),so here goes:
I have this Sansui setup(above) and love it but it does not match my vintage system,being all black, and wanted to know what "receiver" would be comparable to this in,lets say, another Sansui....a Pioneer.....a Kenwood?I think the Sansui people were taken aback(as i would be to) when i would go for a different brand only because of asthetics.But I know each brand i have mentioned has quality gear as i have had a PioneerSX 1050 and a Kenwood Model Eleven III and they were both wonderful(loved the power going thru my Klipsch).
Sorry Marantz people,but you outprice me every time.

For me the answer is my Kenwood KA-7300/KT-7300 combo.
The Sansui has a smidge more wpc (65wpc for the kenny vs. 85wpc for the sui) but that's not enough to make it a lopsided comparo.

A receiver would'nt be an "apples2apples" in comparison to a integrated/tuner combo like that AU/TU-717.
So the Kenwood integrated/tuner combo is a better comparison in my book.

FWIW

Bret P.

You have a lot of great options to choose from. The Vintage Knob is a great place to do a little research. Have you seen the Onkyo A 10? A sleeper if there ever was one.

You have a lot of great options to choose from. The Vintage Knob is a great place to do a little research. Have you seen the Onkyo A 10? A sleeper if there ever was one.
i am familiar as i had an A-7 that i just got rid of a couple days ago

i am familiar as i had an A-7 that i just got rid of a couple days ago

I have a Kenwood Model 500 and photos don't do it justice. You have to touch and use it to grasp the build quality. My next piece will be an Accuphase 200 or 300 series integrated. Wasted considerable money on modern unserviceable "hifi" junk.

Back
Top Bottom