Pics of your listening space

This is my newest living room setup, it just recently consisted of my Pioneer SX-424 with Minimus 7's and it sounded really good for what it was but... I have since dug out my A25's and picked up these awesome stands (inspired by another member in this thread). I've got them hooked up to the Pioneer and what a sweet little combination! Plus I think it looks really cool!

View attachment 1170352

View attachment 1170351

View attachment 1170089

View attachment 1170090

Nice! I have large Advents on stands that look just like yours. Love the look.

Some recent changes

Amplifiers: Leak stereo 20 and Quad II
Speakers: New edition to the family Ruark Talisman II's
Turntable is my restored and modded AR XA running though a Lehman Black Cube

99QlG7R.jpg

rJ8ec2S.jpg

iU4WAcO.jpg

Finally got a system set up and playing! It's been a few years since I have brought out the AR-2A's. Man, they sound so good with the Sansui 8080!
Currently using Sonos Connect for streaming audio and my Ariston RD-80 is hidden in the turntable compartment on the right side of the cabinet.
Using MIT interconnects and Choseal speaker cable. Power is conditioned through a Belkin PF60.

:thumbsup: Love the look.

Oldies but goodies. The AV123 GR-Research X-Statik hybrid sealed/open baffle tower speakers that I purchased 10 years ago. Still in like new shape, but now with totally upgraded crossover components and No-Rez (thanks to Danny Richie and his pieced together upgrade kits).

The grills will be coming off soon and I'll be doing a deep cleaning "dusting" of the driver baskets in the rear.

More to come soon!

p2838453915-5.jpg

Oldies but goodies. The AV123 GR-Research X-Statik hybrid sealed/open baffle tower speakers that I purchased 10 years ago.

Always fun seeing your setups!
Those towers look great with and without grilles. Being hybrid ob / boxed, do they sound vastly different than your NHT / Genesis etc?

Always fun seeing your setups!
Those towers look great with and without grilles. Being hybrid ob / boxed, do they sound vastly different than your NHT / Genesis etc?

Thank you for the kind words!

The X-Statik's do sound somewhat vastly different. These speakers produce a larger, more life sized image of instruments and vocals than any of my other speakers, including the Martin Logan's! There's zero coloration also, I mean none at all. Even the ML's had some coloration that they added. There's a certain immediacy, dynamic "snappiness" that these speakers do that no other I have can. It just makes them sound more "you are there". They allow you to hear through all of the layers of the music... All of the micro dynamics, all of the macro dynamics, all of the minute details in the background and foreground. They're like a microscope for sound. These are the only speakers that I have ever had that accurately reproduce the sound and size of a live piano as well with the right amount of body and bite. You can also clearly make out different pianos and how they are positioned in the recording.

Believe it or not, the Genesis II's come closest to sounding like these X-Statik's. The II's do just about the same in all respects, but they fall behind just a little when it comes to the dynamic swings (micro & macro), the color free naturalness, and the size and position thing with the pianos. The Genesis II's come awfully close to the X-Statik's, but there are differences, and the X-Statik's nudge ahead of them.

On the top end, both the X-Statik's and II's are near equals. The 1" soft fabric dome tweeter of the X-Statik and the 1" phenolic/linen inverted dome tweeter of the Genesis II are both excellent. Very sweet, smooth, detailed, airy and extended.

Surprisingly, the NHT's and definitely the Martin Logan's don't stand a chance. Neither are nowhere near as detailed, especially when it comes to those micro/macro dynamics, neither are are lively or snappy, and oddly enough, the ML's are just too colored sounding.

And keep this in mind when I'm talking about what speakers do better...

When new prices...
Genesis II - $400
X-Statik - $1100
NHT 2.9 - $2500
Martin Logan SL3 - $3500

As you can see, higher prices don't always tell the whole story. Then again, the bone stock X-Statik's were known to compete with speakers costing upwards of $5000 in reviews, which says a lot. Danny Richie hit the ball out of the park when he designed and voiced these speakers! And considering mine have all of the upgrade options that Danny suggests, even more so!

Thank you for the kind words!

The X-Statik's do sound somewhat vastly different. These speakers produce a larger, more life sized image of instruments and vocals than any of my other speakers, including the Martin Logan's! There's zero coloration also, I mean none at all. Even the ML's had some coloration that they added. There's a certain immediacy, dynamic "snappiness" that these speakers do that no other I have can. It just makes them sound more "you are there". They allow you to hear through all of the layers of the music... All of the micro dynamics, all of the macro dynamics, all of the minute details in the background and foreground. They're like a microscope for sound. These are the only speakers that I have ever had that accurately reproduce the sound and size of a live piano as well with the right amount of body and bite. You can also clearly make out different pianos and how they are positioned in the recording.

Believe it or not, the Genesis II's come closest to sounding like these X-Statik's. The II's do just about the same in all respects, but they fall behind just a little when it comes to the dynamic swings (micro & macro), the color free naturalness, and the size and position thing with the pianos. The Genesis II's come awfully close to the X-Statik's, but there are differences, and the X-Statik's nudge ahead of them.

On the top end, both the X-Statik's and II's are near equals. The 1" soft fabric dome tweeter of the X-Statik and the 1" phenolic/linen inverted dome tweeter of the Genesis II are both excellent. Very sweet, smooth, detailed, airy and extended.

Surprisingly, the NHT's and definitely the Martin Logan's don't stand a chance. Neither are nowhere near as detailed, especially when it comes to those micro/macro dynamics, neither are are lively or snappy, and oddly enough, the ML's are just too colored sounding.

And keep this in mind when I'm talking about what speakers do better...

When new prices...
Genesis II - $400
X-Statik - $1100
NHT 2.9 - $2500
Martin Logan SL3 - $3500

As you can see, higher prices don't always tell the whole story. Then again, the bone stock X-Statik's were known to compete with speakers costing upwards of $5000 in reviews, which says a lot. Danny Richie hit the ball out of the park when he designed and voiced these speakers! And considering mine have all of the upgrade options that Danny suggests, even more so!

The X-Statiks are very attractive at the kit price even including the upgraded caps and resistors, hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom