Sneaky Good - What ya got

These are my everyday 2 channel speakers.

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 4.44.41 PM.png

I also have 3 pairs of Martin Logan Motion series, which are supposed to be used in my 7.1 system, but which are being rotated in my phono system. I like the ML sound.

One that many people dont know much about - Becker Speakers. They to look and sound like JBL L100/Pioneer HPM 100 killers - great sound, very nice bass, well made. Plus pretty rare to find - so very interesting to a collector:

R0016996.jpg

R0016997.jpg

R0017000.jpg

Found another that seems widely undervalued - DCM CX-27. Kinda an extension of the DCM Time Window line with the same drivers.
0419181406.jpg

Don't have a pair right now, but the NHT SuperZero's were quite impressive to me. Wish Ken Kantor still prowled the halls here.

These Book shelfs sent my Snell E3's and the DCM TF-600's to the Man-Cave. If you heard them you would agree with the Detailed Huge Dispersion filling the room like every seat is a sweet spot!

Sony SSHA1's

91W8eggvGRL._SL1500_.jpg

These Book shelfs sent my Snell E3's and the DCM TF-600's to the Man-Cave. If you heard them you would agree with the Detailed Huge Dispersion filling the room like every seat is a sweet spot!

Sony SSHA1's

Interesting. Aluminum cabinet and 2 supertweeters plus soft dome. In response to hi res sound. Hmmmmmm Sony think the additional resolution is primarily in the highest of frequencies only?

Interesting. Aluminum cabinet and 2 supertweeters plus soft dome. In response to hi res sound. Hmmmmmm Sony think the additional resolution is primarily in the highest of frequencies only?
Midrange is outstanding in this three way design. Bass is tight. If you can find a pair I suggest you listen for yourself. A/B tests don't lie! I use a small sub to handle 100 hz and lower. Are you implying they can't get midrange from a 5 3/4 woofer and a 1" dome?

Attachments

• SS-HA1_HA3_EN_ES_FR.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
Midrange is outstanding in this three way design. Bass is tight. If you can find a pair I suggest you listen for yourself. A/B tests don't lie! I use a small sub to handle 100 hz and lower. Are you implying they can't get midrange from a 5 3/4 woofer and a 1" dome?

No, just an interesting combo of drivers and approach to the design on their part with what appears to be a big investment at the top of the range. Crossover creativity and driver capability I am sure more than makes up for it all.

No, just an interesting combo of drivers and approach to the design on their part with what appears to be a big investment at the top of the range. Crossover creativity and driver capability I am sure more than makes up for it all.

Living Audio CE-2all's that my wife picked up for me at an estate sale for $25.00. Just finished a recap of the crossovers and worked on the cabinets a little. Nice sounding acoustic suspension speakers from 1970.

LAspeakers.jpg la1.jpg

Living Audio CE-2all's that my wife picked up for me at an estate sale for $25.00. Just finished a recap of the crossovers and worked on the cabinets a little. Nice sounding acoustic suspension speakers from 1970.

View attachment 1172939 View attachment 1172940

Those look so cool! I can't get enough of those horns - I'd have to run them without the grills just so I could stare at the horn lens. ;) First time I've seen any of those, but I'll be watching for some locally. I'll bet they are a rare find.

GeeDeeEmm

From the Interweb: Living Audio advertisement
CE1.jpg

Not my picture, but I regretted selling my first pair of JVC SK-1000ii a while back so now I have acquired another pair which are awaiting foam. I've had several pairs of JBL / Mission / Technics etc recently and these JVCs just have an authority about them that's hard to beat. Heavy as hell, crazy thick cabinets, big magnet woofers, sealed mids, lots of internal bracing. The crossovers are the least impressive bit of these bad boys :)

1660279-pair-of-jvc-sk-1000-mk-ii-vintage-speakers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom