Mc402 Vs. Mc452

I have two complete sets of those:) one set is still in the factory shipping boxes:rflmao:

BTW I think 1&2 are out of print and they did 30,000 of them all
Yeah I never ended up getting LZ1.....I tend to listen to their later stuff, I like it all, but the later from HOTH gets the most air time around here...

I’m partial to LZIII, with II in 2nd place...
I'm actually with you on this one, I quite like LZIII, its quite a good recording compared to other albums....and I like things like Tangerine, Friends, Out on the Tiles, really good songs....

Hows the 452 going? Bringing you closer to the music....?

The word that sticks out for me on this amp more than other superlatives is “speed”. It’s the fastest amp I’ve ever heard and you really notice it on EDM-type music (which I don’t often listen to) but still. Put on some Zedd or Skrillex and you’ll really notice it. Or, try Depeche Mode (not EDM) Personal Jesus at about 20 mean watts or so..man it just brings that real, smooth power into the speaker so damn fast....and 20 Watts is less than 5 percent of its power rating....awesome

The word that sticks out for me on this amp more than other superlatives is “speed”. It’s the fastest amp I’ve ever heard and you really notice it on EDM-type music (which I don’t often listen to) but still. Put on some Zedd or Skrillex and you’ll really notice it. Or, try Depeche Mode (not EDM) Personal Jesus at about 20 mean watts or so..man it just brings that real, smooth power into the speaker so damn fast....and 20 Watts is less than 5 percent of its power rating....awesome
Unfortunately, this is simply not possible.

I'm actually with you on this one, I quite like LZIII, its quite a good recording compared to other albums....and I like things like Tangerine, Friends, Out on the Tiles, really good songs....

Hows the 452 going? Bringing you closer to the music....?
LZIII is restrained Zeppelin, and it is my very fave. I quite like understatement, musically speaking.
'Thank You', from II is another favorite.
Got to pull up the open guitar tuning for 'Tangerine', which might be my favorite Zep song of all!
Some tunes creeped back towards the 400w. level today. Surprisingly, a Van Morrison duet was the loudest of all, and just about knocked my socks off.
Two more words come to mind to describe the Mc452 sound: 'Lush', and 'Liquid'.

My primary listening device: I have a 30Gb iPod Classic that I converted to 128Gb (solid state drive replaces the hard drive), that has over 13000 Mp3's.
I run it, via a USB port through a Teac CD-P650 CD player, which has a built in 24 bit Burr Brown DAC with 192KhZ sampling.
I can use the remote control to skip tracks that I don't want to hear if I have it in 'shuffle' mode, and I can play full albums if desired.
I can run this thing for a month, and not hear the same track twice.
I also play CD's, when I'm feeling more industrious. :)
Turntable coming soon....

You guys have been talking up the 452 so much and I have been wanting to get a 2-channel SS Mac amp. A local guy was willing to trade my 275 and some cash for his 452. I won't be able to hook it up until Saturday, going to be a long few days.

Back
Top Bottom