What Is The Worst Record You have Ever Heard?

Did you know Campbell was an original member of The Champs (Tequila) and an in-demand session guitarist before he hit the big time? He played guitar on Pet Sounds, too.
I never thought of him as much more than a pop/country singer until I went to a Jimmy Webb show.

"The only reason I bought it was for the cover"...moms apple pie, i didn't get the gist of the cover pic but the instant my daughter saw it, she KNEW right away what it was. i found out that it was on a billboard of the Sunset Strip in Hollywood! i snagged a couple just so i have them.

This, it is terrible.

ed-208__92263.1407170358.500.750.jpg

I took a chance at a cool record shop and...not even so bad it's good.

"The only reason I bought it was for the cover"...moms apple pie, i didn't get the gist of the cover pic but the instant my daughter saw it, she KNEW right away what it was. i found out that it was on a billboard of the Sunset Strip in Hollywood! i snagged a couple just so i have them.

I had to google that album. You didn't get the cover? :rolleyes: Me thinks you either are a saint or too embarrassed to admit it... :D

(Just teasing ya, bud --;) )

Last edited:
I can not remember exactly which LP it was and for all I know I may like it now but....... back in 1972 - 73 or so late at night my brother and I were (as we were apt to do) listening to Allison Steele on WNEW in NY and she played some song we loved. It was a Coltrane song. Being my brother and I had yet to discover jazz and were still listening to Hot Tuna and ELP (quite the spectrum huh?) decided we should head into the city (what people in NYC call Manhattan) and straight to The Colony, a famous (and now gone) record shop that was open until 2AM (had been 24 hours at once in its life I think). When we got there what we found was an Alice Coltrane LP and we saw the name and grabbed it not knowing what we were looking for or that more than one Coltrane existed. Jumped back on subway and went home. Next day we played this and it was the weirdest and most disjointed music I ever heard. We never played that LP again but have laughed about that story many times in the past forty years........

I can not remember exactly which LP it was and for all I know I may like it now but....... back in 1972 - 73 or so late at night my brother and I were (as we were apt to do) listening to Allison Steele on WNEW in NY and she played some song we loved. It was a Coltrane song. Being my brother and I had yet to discover jazz and were still listening to Hot Tuna and ELP (quite the spectrum huh?) decided we should head into the city (what people in NYC call Manhattan) and straight to The Colony, a famous (and now gone) record shop that was open until 2AM (had been 24 hours at once in its life I think). When we got there what we found was an Alice Coltrane LP and we saw the name and grabbed it not knowing what we were looking for or that more than one Coltrane existed. Jumped back on subway and went home. Next day we played this and it was the weirdest and most disjointed music I ever heard. We never played that LP again but have laughed about that story many times in the past forty years........

Allison Steele, the Night Bird! Ah, the memories.

IMG_2316(1).jpg

Dropping in out of the blue, totally different time frame but..
Charles Michael Frank Black Francis Kittridge Thompson is one of my favorite artists. The guy has a great sense of humour. There's a track on Teenager called Fiddle Riddle and during the break there's a snippet of piano where it's one of those things little kids play on piano, kind of like a chopsticks type thing, where you just roll your hand across the grouping of three black keys up twice and hit the next black key twice and roll your hand down the three twice and hit the next lower black key twice (Little Indians?). Anyway this guy I was teaching with in Japan and I are driving around while this album is playing. He hears this song and at that point I just mentioned decides he just cannot stand it any longer. "Can you turn this **** off? What is this crap? Got to be the worst music I've ever heard. It's like some little kid". We didn't become very good friends as you might have guessed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom