Analog to Dolby Processor

Beatnik

What's this ?
Always looking for a small decoder I can use with whatever amp I want or have and I stumbled across this unit. What do you think of this ? Do you think it would give a true 5.1 from a R/L computer output (pro logic II or better) ?

RH-619 audio decoding system can decode DTS Dolby Digital AC-3, DTS, LPCM and other digital audio format source; support U disk playback WAV and DTS5.1 multiple audio and video; connect computer USB, achieve USB5.1 sound card, through the internal quality of DAC conversion output 5.1 channel analog audio. In support of the two output mode and a variety of EQ mode, can match with different power amplifier and speakers, to get a differentsound effects. Optical fiber and coaxial digital audio output end is butted with DVD players, Blu-ray machine, network player, set-top box, PS2, PS3, Xbox360, PC and many other entertainment equipment use.

1. Supports one digital coaxial input, one digital optical input, one analog stereo AUX input, one USB-PC computer sound card input, one USB2.0 interface input, you can freely switch between different sources.
2. Support 6 channel analog audio output of RCA and 1 AV video output, can be directly with the power amplifier, active sound box or TV docking
3. Using 24 bit / 96KHz audio DSP, the fourth generation of 24bit / 192KHz CS4354 DAC chip, a power-on reset function
4. support stereo seven EQ mode output selection can play mode
5. support Dolby digital AC3, DTS, LPCM, HDCD, PCM, Dolby digital, Dolby Prologic II and other digital audio format decoding
6. support U disk multimedia player, can play 5.1 channel music, video, pictures, mirror,TXT document and other multimedia content
7. USB port USB port on a mobile device provide 5V1A charge
8. The automatic identification of the digital audio signal input format, 5.1 channel noise test function
9. DTS/AC3 decoding and playing in support of the 2.0 and 5.1 channel two output modes, stereo decoding playback support 2.0 2.1 and 5.1 output options, according to the number of flexible configuration of sound box
10. The high quality sound, low noise, computer mute and reset function, better after protection level and equipment
11. A key switch input source, easy to operate, easy to operate and support the panel buttons to adjust the volume coding
12. Support 3.5mm infrared remote control extended operation, extended remote control operation, the visual menu settings interface
13. The power-off memory function, after reboot automatically switch to the last used signal channel, USB broadcastmemory before the power file
14. The use of DC 12V/1A external power adapter power supply, wide voltage can use DC (7-20V) power supply

1.jpg

Ranhe-RH-619-5-1-CH-USB-Digital-Sound-Media-Player-DTS-AC3-SPDIF-Decoder-DAC.jpg

Unless your computer has a digital output, you'll not get true 5.1 (DD,DTS). You should be able to get Pro Logic from the stereo outputs.

I don't have ta digital output on my old computer. It's currently going into an old pro logic preamp, but was curious. Is there a way to convert the signal externally to digital and achieve this ???

I don't have ta digital output on my old computer. It's currently going into an old pro logic preamp, but was curious. Is there a way to convert the signal externally to digital and achieve this ???
You could convert an analog signal to digital but it will still be only two channels. You can't make a "real" 5,1 signal from something recorded in two channels. It has to be 5.1 to begin with. It might be time for a new sound card.

Last edited:
You could convert an analog signal to digital but it will still be only two channels. You can't make a "real" 5,1 signal from something recorded in two channels. It has to be recorded in 5.1 to begin with.

Doesn't Pro Logic decode two channel analog to 5.1 with mono rear channels and II adds stereo rears ? Is this not actually six separate channels from two ?

Doesn't Pro Logic decode two channel analog to 5.1 with mono rear channels and II adds stereo rears ? Is this not actually six separate channels from two ?

No. Both Pro Logic and Pro Logic II use a two channel source to generate a surround effect - not "six separate channels". Although what comes out of the center front and two rears (and the ".1") are different from each other and the front two, they're all obtained by manipulating the original two. Only Dolby Digital and dts can deliver discrete channels.

No. DPL converts two channels to "something" with different stuff coming from the speakers but it's nowhere near the true discrete channels a digital signal will produce.

Last edited:
I think people tend to use the 5.1 description for all surround sound formats, but ,as mentioned, it's really for discrete channels only. For Dolby surround and the Pro Logics, older receivers and processors would display it as 3/2.

Last edited:
That's what I needed to know. Thanks

If you are currently using a DPL setup to get matrix surround sound from 2-ch analog sources, anything that would instead apply DPLII to that 2-ch analog signal would be a big improvement. Not as big improvement as fully discrete surround, e.g. Dolby Digital, but none the less DPLII is a BIG improvement over DPL.

Ok, now I believe I have digital 5.1 from my computer using the cheapest external sound card money can buy (I believe it's a CM6206-LX chip ? I haven't opened it and doesn't specify where I purchased it). This on Ubuntu through VLC and using the Disney WOW setup dvd and a Dolby Digital demo test dvd checking that I actually have true six separate channels. It all sounded right while playing the Rush 2112 Five Point One dvd-a disc with different sounds coming from all four corners.

Last edited:
You can still get some nice sound from an older avr. I was running a NAD 716 I bought on craigslist for $50 that produced some decent surround from a analog rca cable from my directv receiver if you are trying to do it on the cheap. I still have that receiver just collecting dust if your interested.

You can still get some nice sound from an older avr. I was running a NAD 716 I bought on craigslist for $50 that produced some decent surround from a analog rca cable from my directv receiver if you are trying to do it on the cheap. I still have that receiver just collecting dust if your interested.

Thank you for the offer ! I have a Parasound pro logic pre already. I grabbed the cheapest usb unit for laughs and according to my computer settings and a couple of test discs (WOW and Dolby Digital) I'm now getting true 5.1

When I put in my Rush 2112 DVD Audio disc I get everything, including separate left/right rears, at least to my ears I'm hearing it that way (around the room, not just front rear).

sound.png

Back
Top Bottom