Maryland, DC, Va, PA, NJ Spring Gathering 2018

I'm sad I couldn't make it, I thought "maybe" up until the last minute but yesterday was the only day I was able to meet up with a guy on Craigslist selling a set of wheels for my Jeep and I needed them bad as apparently I've been driving on one badly bent rim the whole time I've had this vehicle (about 5000 miles) - no wonder it shook so bad at highway speed! Anyway hope to make up for it in the fall and I hope you all had a great time.

@jwrosenthal missed talking to you about the SP-3...

Great time had by the carload we had. Good info exchanges, discussions and meeting folks.

Thanks for the hospitality, Jim and Denise. Good to the use the rig again, 'cept that one record that wanted to be played again.
I know!!! There was so much going on!! We will have to connect up soon.

Thank you for hosting Jim, as always it was a great time. It was nice to see the folks I've met in the past and meeting new people. Hope to see you all again in the fall.

Speaking of the fall. Several people asked me yesterday when the Fall meet would be. I'm tentatively planning for early October 2018. Stay tuned as I'll put out an announcement in August.

EARLY October is great,
LATE October conflicts with the Celtic festival we always attend ...

I DO regret missing the fest at eHoove's Sunday - but Emma had gotten our church tied into the Fairfax Church Community walk yesterday -
and she needed me to do sound for the morning service (my usual Sunday AM task) as well as provide support for the afternoon tour.

We got home at 4PM yesterday and found house power was off - DumbOnion Energy said there was a broken power pole nearby
and they expected to have power back up between 7 and midnight. It came back on at 11, long after we had gone to bed ...

So hopefully, maybe I can make the AK Fall Fest this year - its been (FAR too long!!) a couple years since I made it to either of them!

Priorizing real life over an obsessive, all-consuming hobby? Come on, now.... ;)

Last edited:
I think I remember seeing you and Emma at Jim's last time, thats probably been 2-3 years now. I remember having a chat with her about AM DX listening actually.

Jim, thanks for hosting another great event. Got to see some old friends and make some new ones as well. Always a good time at these events.
Food was fabulous and the chocolate cake was killer.
I even picked up something I didn't know I needed, a ST70 from James. Thank you.

BillWojo

OK, after long listening sessions with the PA crew yesterday, I made some minor crossover adjustments. I lowered the low cutoff on the bass panels to 39hz and left a bit of increased gain to the ribbons that we added yesterday. I also lowered the upper cutoff to the subs to 47hz since the pans are digging deeper. This provides faster cleaner bass response which cleaned up the upper bass region a bit as well, as far as my limited listening after work seems to provide.

I only had a few days to redial in the rig with the sound absorption panels in place, but I think these minor changes provide positive results. I am still surprised at the change in the rig with the sound panels installed. I will continuue to work on the settings as the week progresses.

Thanks for all the input,
Jim

Moving slow today, In late, exhausted but wired so couldn't fall asleep , then up early. Here are some pics,
Thank you Jim and Denise!
Always nice to see everybody again!001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

a few more,
Oh very proud to go home with a full trunk and nothing for me:biggrin:
First pony express done . 3 more to go.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 62
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 60
Jim, thanks for hosting another great event. Got to see some old friends and make some new ones as well. Always a good time at these events.
Food was fabulous and the chocolate cake was killer.
I even picked up something I didn't know I needed, a ST70 from James. Thank you.

BillWojo
I think you got he best one Bill, at least the most original- take before and after pics so we can all share in the resurrection of the sad Dynaco stack.

Since I brought it up here, I figure I'll close it out here. Kieth loaned me his tape eraser, and it did indeed fix my compass problem. The passenger side visor was charged just enough to throw the compass. I can actually go south now.

Since I brought it up here, I figure I'll close it out here. Kieth loaned me his tape eraser, and it did indeed fix my compass problem. The passenger side visor was charged just enough to throw the compass. I can actually go south now.

Cool!
I thought it was a reach. Just goes to show, what do i know:dunno:

Back
Top Bottom