Fans of the 10mm round have a new option....

It will be a howitzer. I had a SW auto in 10mm which I inherited. Traded it recently for a 9mm as I got tired of expensive ammo, but it was a powerful pistol.

It will be a howitzer. I had a SW auto in 10mm which I inherited. Traded it recently for a 9mm as I got tired of expensive ammo, but it was a powerful pistol.

Was it a 3rd-gen Smith, similar to this one ? (This is a 4566, in .45 ACP)

upload_2018-5-7_15-37-14.png

That appears to be the SW!

The guy I traded it to is a super marksman, and gets less than 1 inch groups at 21 feet with handloaded 10mm.

I got an almost new Springfield EMP4 in the trade, so we are both happy.

Not California approved.

Just as well, I guess. I don't shoot most of the guns I already own!

WTF is up with THAT ???

As of January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

Nor can we buy ammo from out-of-state wholesalers.

There's more, but it gets too political for discussion here.:thumbsup:

As of January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

Good grief ! And I thought life was hard enough for legit gun owners !

It wouldn't take much to mod the design of the new PC-9 to run the 10 mm.

They might not want to give the consumer too many choices, though.

Nice move releasing it in a revolver. I don't care for 10mm in a semiauto. I don't like the 40 that much either. At least for me, I shoot high caliber revolvers much better than generally all semiautos. I guess I have a bad grip. I shoot my S&W 460 better than my fullsize steel 9mm. I know, stuck in the past.

9mm, 10mm... doesn't much matter to me. What's more important is the piece that shoots the projectile. Look at the Sig P-365... to me, it's a useless carry piece because of the safety. When you need to fire, you don't want to be fussing with the safety. Not that problem with a Glock.

Hey
Back in the day we called it .41 magnum. Re inventing the wheel.
Don't get me wrong I was/am a big 10mm/.41 mag fan. I owned S&W 57,58,and 657 back in the day. All 4" guns. I always lusted after the Colt Delta Elite. Just too many wants and not enough $$$.
I think I seen Les Baer is coming out with a 6" 1911, now that would be cool. Above my pay grade for sure. Eric

Hey
Back in the day we called it .41 magnum. Re inventing the wheel.
Don't get me wrong I was/am a big 10mm/.41 mag fan. I owned S&W 57,58,and 657 back in the day. All 4" guns. I always lusted after the Colt Delta Elite. Just too many wants and not enough $$$.
I think I seen Les Baer is coming out with a 6" 1911, now that would be cool. Above my pay grade for sure. Eric

Yeah, ballistically, the .41 mag and 10mm are pretty close. It`s been quite a while since I`ve shot either one, but as I recall, the Glock 20, loaded with the old Norma 170-grain "full-house" round, was a fairly stout performer, but maybe a little softer-shooting compared to the S&W 57. And (to me, anyway), there is something comforting about having the ability to send FIFTEEN of those Hellraisers downrange without reloading....

And (to me, anyway), there is something comforting about having the ability to send FIFTEEN of those Hellraisers downrange without reloading....
Here in CA, you can only send 10 downrange.

A 10mm revolver is nothing more than an attempt to separate gun nuts from their money. There have been no major improvements in ammo technology for God knows how many years. All they are doing is changing slug diameters and load specs to sell new guns.

I own more than my fair share of guns, but don't fall for the marketing hype.

In my humble opinion, that is.:thumbsup:

Yes 10mm is not that popular and costs more to buy, but if you reload the difference is about 15%.
Target shooting with rifles and pistols is very relaxing. My favorite 10mm and you do not see to many of them is the EAA
Tanfoglio Witness Xtreme Gold Match. Many people that have shot it like it better than their Gold Cups and such. YMMV

DSCN5408.JPG DSCN5409.JPG

I had a raced up, single action Witness in 40 which was a great gun and had a CZ IPSC which was probably my fastest shooting gun while staying on target when loaded with light 40 cal loads.

Never had a Gold Cup but I did have a lesser 1991A1 (not a typo) that had a few tweaks and had been gone over by a good guy and was set up a a dedicated wadcutter gun. Great gun.

Hi Point comes through for 10mm toe-wetters -

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-mud-test-best-best-millimeter-carbine-money/

Hi-Point-1095TS-10mm-Carbine.jpg

Back
Top Bottom