Pics of your listening space

Room%20Pano%202.jpg

Last edited:
This is my room after the move...Love the system...Not crazy about the room...8' ceiling on the left, sloping up to 12 or 14' on the right...View attachment 1174551

Ha, yeah, exact ceiling situation I have. My listening room is only about 10' x 11'. I've got a big cubicle section wall-mounted behind the seating and a rolled up memory foam comforter to lean back against to make the guest bed in there more of a couch in the meantime. Between all that damping and a wall of vinyl the sound stays pretty neutral. I can turn up the Klipsch to good levels, but there's definitely a point where the bass loses clarity. Your space looks much more wide open. How big is the room?

I just rearranged the second system at the cabin, in the "shed" I built. This is a Cambridge Audio DVD89, a Realistic LAB-2100, a Technics SA-500 and Rega 2 speakers. The 3 drawer unit that it's on I got a few years ago as it was about to be tossed out by someone and just today I added the hairpin legs. It used to sit on some Ikea Expedit cubes.

The Cabin System by Buhduh, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ha, yeah, exact ceiling situation I have. My listening room is only about 10' x 11'. I've got a big cubicle section wall-mounted behind the seating and a rolled up memory foam comforter to lean back against to make the guest bed in there more of a couch in the meantime. Between all that damping and a wall of vinyl the sound stays pretty neutral. I can turn up the Klipsch to good levels, but there's definitely a point where the bass loses clarity. Your space looks much more wide open. How big is the room?

16' wide by 18' deep. Reflective wall (french doors) on the left, pretty open on the right...

Hi kray,
Looking good! Any thoughts on the 5693 tubes in the Musical MP 301

Thanks. So far so good. Just got my MP301 back from being modded, and haven't had much time to swap the 5693's for the RCA 6SJ7's yet. Will give some more feedback in the 301 thread after more evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom