MR-88 Firmware: Current Version Is v1.11

feinstei

AK Member
McIntosh now has a later release of the MR-88 Firmware that fixes a software bug that I was having with "ghosts" of the tuning indicator being left on the screen as I turned the tuning dial.

I was previously using v1.10 which was necessary for XM reception.

v1.11 seems to now be common with the MR-87 (but with XM and HD support). I'm happy and thankful to McIntosh for fixing my bug....

If you are having unexplained weirdness with your MR-88 (like I did with the linear tuning dial), you might want to apply this v1.11 update...

Please note that the update process works perfectly now on Windows 7 through the latest (1-May) release of Windows 10.

YOU MUST BE RUNNING THE UPDATE PROGRAM ON A COMPUTER WITH A GENUINE INTEL CPU!! YOU WILL "BRICK" YOUR MR-88 IF YOU TRY TO RUN THE UPDATE ON AN AMD BASED COMPUTER!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

The only weirdness that I come-across (now and then) is the tuning indicator not lighting-up when turning the unit on. If it doesn't light-up, I turn it off and back on and it always lights-up the second time.

On a side note, after owning PS Audio equipment I found it to be "easier" to up-date their units using SD cards.

Thanks for the info.
The only weirdness that I come-across (now and then) is the tuning indicator not lighting-up when turning the unit on. If it doesn't light-up, I turn it off and back on and it always lights-up the second time.

If you send me a PM with your E-mail address, I'll be glad to send you the install package that I got from McIntosh. Please note: Your Windows computer must have an Intel CPU, the firmware installation will fail on a computer with any other type of CPU (ie: AMD etc). The firmware installation package, even though it doesn't say so in the instructions, works on Windows 10, all versions including the latest Spring 2018 Creators Update.

Back
Top Bottom