BA-5000 with Issues

Even more dafter, fuse in ma scale of multi meter ok?
Leads in correct holes in multi meter too?

lost a few good meters because of fuse prices .. strand of wire does not work when operator error happens ..

Well it could well be my meter. And yes it is a Fluke. I just tried another meter and I could adjust the bias. Did one side and will do the next shortly. Then warm it up off the dbt then adjust again.

Yes but after this will have to sort out my 87V.The fuse tests fine.
Need to have dinner but will continue to test the 5000and fine tune the bias. Once I get it warmed up.
Will report back.
Thx all!

Will continue testing,tomorrow.
I do have a pop on the speakers shortly after power up.
Is it to be expected or is there something amiss?
And yes my Fluke has one of its fuses blown.

I made a special little amp meter just for sansui's . Its a 0 - 2000 ma meter.DSC02924.JPG Takes the fluke fuse out of the picture.:thumbsup:;)

Connect the meter after you have powered the amplifier up, do not connect the meter first, you will blow the fuse with the inrush...

Well good advice. A little late for my fuse but it does help me justify owning multiple meters.
Any thoughts on the speaker pop on start up.?

The speaker pop comes through both channels shortly after power up. Probably when the relay engages. Is this common in this design or is there some thing I should be checking or?

Always have no volume. I did try with pre disconnected. But no difference.
The short buzz comes on briefly after about 2 1/2 seconds and lasts about a second.

trying to get to grips with the circuits is tricky for me .. plus the pop has become a buzz .. this damn bourbon aint helping too .. my neighbours fault .less than half price 48.2 percent .
i got stuck with s701 .. is that a mute switch ?

trying to get to grips with the circuits is tricky for me .. plus the pop has become a buzz .. this damn bourbon aint helping too .. my neighbours fault .less than half price 48.2 percent .
i got stuck with s701 .. is that a mute switch ?
TR6yrBottle720x480image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom