Today's Contemporary Christian Music (CCM/Xian) Playlist

Everytime I go to the LRS I check out the 'Gospel' section,...it's so stinkin' weak,... mostly Andre' Crouch (not throwing him under the bus, of course).

Almost grabbed a few Allies and Leon Patillo LPs but too scratched for my liking. :no:

I know the feeling, Search online often for good pressings.

I do have a good amount of obscure gospel albums, I'll make my way to them :)

Do you know who the rochesters family is?

Current 93 ~ Black Ships Ate the Sky

a1812240169_16.jpg

An album by David Tibet's about his apocalyptic dreams, it includes 8 versions with different lead vocalists of the Charles Wesley hymn "Idumæa," and multiple songs about the black ships in his dreams.

Glad to see some other fans of CCM. I'm a big fan of For King and Country, Chris Tomlin, Skillet, Casting Crowns, and others

If anyone lives out in the Minnesota area, the Joyful Noise music festavile is awesome. I got to see For King and Country, Big Daddy Weave, 10th avenue north, and Switchfoot so close I could touch the stage.

I saw MWS during the tour following that album. There were big argyle diamonds as on the album cover as a back-drop, and during the encore they started them spinning. Kathy Troccoli opened, and there was a "Friends Medley" 12" by the two of them that I bought at the merch table. T-shirt too, but that is long gone.

I've got a similar "Trans-Atlantic Remixes" 12" by Steve Taylor & Sheila Walsh from a tour they did together too.

Home ill on a Sunday morning. I got to church, threw up in the parking lot, then came back home too bed.

In the CD changer:

The Echoing Green - Hope Springs Eternal
The Lost Dogs - Mutt
Joy Electric - Christian Songs

Back
Top Bottom