The G22000 came back, but not to my collection.

Well there it is guys, about to head off to its new home......I enjoyed becoming reacquainted with it, I had a listen to it tonight before getting it all ready to go, was listening to Rush, Power Windows, great album, its got some real depth....nice test album.
I will miss it, but I have a bunch of really nice gear and I've got the G9000 which I am doing a real number on...its getting the best of the best.......and I am sure it's not the last time I will see it...
IMG_6169.JPG IMG_6170.JPG

Well there it is guys, about to head off to its new home......I enjoyed becoming reacquainted with it, I had a listen to it tonight before getting it all ready to go, was listening to Rush, Power Windows, great album, its got some real depth....nice test album.
I will miss it, but I have a bunch of really nice gear and I've got the G9000 which I am doing a real number on...its getting the best of the best.......and I am sure it's not the last time I will see it...
View attachment 1183560 View attachment 1183561

Beautiful job. Looking forward to one day getting one of Sansui big G's. Then again there is SO much out there it's a bit overwhelming.
Thanks for the pics!

Even the Marantz 25/2600 can be stacked on top of the G 22/33000 and look small .
The Pioneer sx 1980 might be a better match up.
The SX1980 is a fair beast, I restored one last year, but I could pick that up no problem, the G22/33K is a behemoth!! It has two power transformers!! Its so over engineered its not funny......its split into two so it can be moved, I think it would be too heavy for most people to pick up if it was one piece...
Here's the 1980.....
IMG_4659.JPG

When I was a kid the guy down the street had one of those massive Pioneers. I remember looking at it like it was the control panel from a spaceship! It was awesome!

Nice work kev!

When I was a kid the guy down the street had one of those massive Pioneers. I remember looking at it like it was the control panel from a spaceship! It was awesome!

Nice work kev!
Then there's these G22000, and G33000, they are even bigger!! They say size doesn't matter, but this case, size matters!!

Yeah for sure. How much did they sell for new?
I'm not sure, they were never available in New Zealand, there are some guru's on this forum that know....

Both the G22 or 33000 and the Pioneer SX1980 are serious pieces of kit, and frankly out-perform some separates.
The G22000 was making 244 watts, both channels driven at 0.001% THD, this is very impressive...anything over that and it slips up to 0.003%...

I never had the distortion analyser when I restored the SX1980....

Not that specs are everything, but gives you an idea of where they were at in 1978...

Look at my link, there’s s picture of the front half of the G22 on top of the 1980.
I’m currently running a Kenwood KR-9600 where the 1980 was - it’s big but still looks puny!

Look at my link, there’s s picture of the front half of the G22 on top of the 1980.
I’m currently running a Kenwood KR-9600 where the 1980 was - it’s big but still looks puny!
I have always liked that picture!!

You know I did. I just can't quiet put my claw on it but something if funny with that photo. :D

Looks like the Big G has couple inches in terms of width on the Pioneer. Not sure of depth. Geeze that thing is huge.
One day, one day my good sir I'll have one. Looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom