Todays 70's-80's Punk,post punk, new wave, alternative playlist

6CAAF0B3-8935-4A93-9ADF-F63559DC17A3.jpeg

This is 90s but in the spirit of the thread I believe. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
TFOKTeK.jpg

lbmIAcM.jpg

I recently picked up that AR and got it running after a couple issues. I didn’t customize anything in the head shell unless you count repairing it. The tabs on the head shell were pushed in and causing a hum, along with a couple other issues. It was set up with a shared ground for the cartridge channels as well but after some work seems to sound just fine.

View attachment 1113188

View attachment 1113189

View attachment 1113192

View attachment 1113194

Another favorite! Are you raiding my record collection!?

Just sort of catching up on this thread again, and it's so uncanny how much of my record collection is on here! Even though I grew up in the 60s and 70s, a big part of my music collection and preferences were shaped by the alternative rock and other music of the 1980s forward.

Just sort of catching up on this thread again, and it's so uncanny how much of my record collection is on here! Even though I grew up in the 60s and 70s, a big part of my music collection and preferences were shaped by the alternative rock and other music of the 1980s forward.

Amen brother.
I'm in the same boat.
It's like Fuzzywobbles has my collection and then some.

Not that it's a competition but I just can't compete with this thread AND his jazz selections. Impressive.

Thanks Gents. You are right it’s not a competition, i think of it in terms of a co-dependency. :rflmao:I truly look forward to seeing what gets posted in this thread and others by a wide range of people. I am amazed by lots of what is posted here and in continues to increase my appetite for post punk.

Post Punk and Hard Bop Jazz just happen to be my two favorites. I have expanded my collection over the years by virtue of threads like this one and the Jazz thread taking advantage of the great posts and discussions of bands that I hadn’t gotten around to yet or had discounted in my misspent youth. Also my youngest (23), has become a serious punk and vinyl fan so he keeps me interested including clueing me into a lot of the newer stuff. My posts significantly reflect both the AK collective wisdom and the fact that we revisit all of the great post punk stuff on a regular basis. I’m still working on turning him on to jazz btw.

Cheers,

Fuzz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom