Peachtree audio

vintage 5.0

vintage 5.0
Subscriber
I got a Peachtree audio dac iTx today. I am really impressed. It really opened up the bass and imaging. I am also impressed with the quality of the build of it. I have not had any of their stuff before. I was curious if others liked their equipment.

I looked at the same dac awhile back and found very little in the way of opinions on it. I've heard nothing but good things about the peachtree stuff in general though.

I owned an iDac and a first generation Decco. Both were nice but not great, however they’ve made huge improvements since and I’ve been very impressed with the latest products. If I was shopping for an integrated/DAC combo I’d start with them. Nice guys to deal with too, which to me is very important when deciding who gets my cash.

I have a DAC IT x in my office system hooked up via USB to my iMac and it plays very well. Peachtree makes very good products.

Thanks for the input. I agree the stuff they make is nice. I also think for the price it sounds great. I know there are much more expensive dacs but to me it sounds pretty good.

I have a dac-iTx with a linear power supply and I love it. It sounds very good to my ears, enough that I'm not looking for upgrades.

If you're using mainly USB, I highly recommend picking up a linear power supply. It comes with a cable that goes from psu to the dac-iT's usb port, and provides a clean 5V (instead of accepting the 5V running down the USB cable going from your PC(or whatever you USB source) to the DAC) to the USB port. This made a big improvment over the base dac-iTx via USB. The improvement was minimal over optical and coax though.

I got a Peachtree audio dac iTx today. I am really impressed. It really opened up the bass and imaging. I am also impressed with the quality of the build of it. I have not had any of their stuff before. I was curious if others liked their equipment.
i have the Peachtree BT 1 Music Server...its really a good sounding Bluetooth deviceIMG_1202.JPG

I've owned the DAC-it, DAC-itX, and Decco2. Can't fault any of them.

The Decco2 has managed to stick around longer than any other piece of gear I've owned in the last 5 years! Largely due to its flexibility and cosmetics, but the sound is pretty good too. It's the only integrated amp/DAC I've yet owned, and it's just tough to replace. It can "do it all."

The DAC-it units...well, I can't fault them for the money. I think I paid like $175 for them, and they're certainly worth that. Build quality is outstanding. The sound, I couldn't hear any difference vs my computer output...but it's been a few years. Maybe my system as a whole couldn't resolve the differences, and maybe I just didn't know how to listen yet (I'd only been in the hobby for a few years when I had them). I did always at least FEEL better having them in the system. I'd try one again some day, especially if I needed something "affordable."

By far the best DAC's I've owned yet have been Bel Canto. I only had my 2.5 for 2 months and already upgraded to the 3.3VB. And that's NOT because the 2.5 was bad, quite the opposite!

To @vintage 5.0 I think we have similar tastes in sound and I think you'd like Bel Canto DAC's if you ever get around to trying one. Not sure how experienced you are with DAC's. I am not, having only owned Peachtree and Bel Canto, but I think I've found my keeper for quite awhile.

Not to derail the thread though...I have had good luck with Peachtree too, especially for the price!

Thanks so much for that info. I will check out the Bel Canto. My dacs now are all good Music Fidelty, cambridge and Peachtree. I would like something great. Is the Bel Canto 2.5 close to the other one you got. I might have them out. Thanks

Thanks so much for that info. I will check out the Bel Canto. My dacs now are all good Music Fidelty, cambridge and Peachtree. I would like something great. Is the Bel Canto 2.5 close to the other one you got. I might have them out. Thanks

Sent you a PM. I have not heard the others besides the Peachtree, but personally I found the Bel Canto to be quite a bit better in my system. Like, A LOT better. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom