Pics of your listening space

Take alook at my system!

1 (5).JPG IMG_7230.JPG IMG_7379.JPG

Full list of components:

Stereo: Audio Note SORO Line SE Signature (Pure Class A, Single Ended, Valve Integrated Amplifier) / Monitor Audio Gold GX 300 (3 Way Floor Standing Loudspeakers) / Apple MacBook 13inch Aluminum Unibody / Sony DVP-NS900V (SACD-DVD Player) / Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus (Upsampling DAC) with Custom Power Supply / LaCie Blade Runner by Philippe Starck (4TB External Hard Drive) / Wireworld Atlantis (Double Bi-Wire Speaker Cables) with AudioQuest SureGrip 100 BFA/Banana & Multi-Spade Connectors / Audio Note Isis Reference Copper Mains Cable with Furutech FI-E11 (Cu) High Performance Schuko Connector (for Audio Note SORO) / Cardas Crosslink Interconnect (RCA Cable) / XLO Reference 2 REF 1A (RCA Cable) / AudioQuest Coffee (USB Cable) / ViaBlue, MDPC-X & Do It Yourself Modding (Cable Sleeving & Heatshrinks - Modding)

HT 5.1: Sony STR-DB830 (AV Receiver) / Sony Pascal SA-VE705 (5.1 Home Cinema Loudspeakers) / Samsung 55'' ES8000 (Smart 3D Full HD LED TV) / Mede8er MED600X3D (3D Multimedia Player) / Buffalo DriveStation DDR (3TB External Hard Drive With 1GB DRAM Cache) / SoundStar 15GA O.F.C. Performance Series (Speaker Cables) with AudioQuest SureGrip 100 BFA/Banana Connectors / Audioquest Irish Red (Subwoofer Cable) / Wireworld Nova 6 (Optical Cable) / Cambridge Audio 300 Series (Optical Cable) / Cambridge Audio HDMI 714 Series (HDMI Cable)

Stands: Custom Components Stand (Made Of Plywood) / Sony WS-FV10 Floor Stand (For Sony Pascal Rear Speakers) / IKEA Lack TV Stand / IKEA Aptitlig Bamboo Chopping Board + Cork on dual layer sheets of 5mm / Chameleon Audio Isolation Feet 30mm (for Audio Note SORO) / Chameleon Audio Speaker Isolation Feet (for Monitor Audio Gold GX 300) / Atacama HD-S Floor Spike Shoes + Antivibration Audio Spikes (for Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus)

Power: Furman AC-210 E (Linear AC Power Conditioner) / APC PM5-GR + APC PM5U-GR (Power Strip/Surge Protection)

Software: Channel D Pure Music (High Resolution Music Server Software for Apple Computers) / Tellurium Q System Disc (for System/Cable Burn In & Wake Up)

Last edited:
I recently acquired these HPM-100's.

Now,I just have to track down a woofer in better in shape and fix the domes on the other drivers.

k0opX13.jpg
If Ironman had a system, this would be it!

Yes, yes you do! Nice.
Hey, why not the turntable on top with the cassette in the current turntable slot in that cabinet? Just curious as it jumped out to me.
i don't have a dust cover for that Kenwood turntable! it dose slid out of the cab it's in! i have rearrange some sense this pic, i will try to post a new pic!

This is the loft in our house. AKA my listening space. Viewing too! Our main TV, a 55" 1080P Panasonic plasma, is downstairs. The 60" 4K Samsung sees limited duty right now. I mainly use it & the Klipsch sound bar for David Gilmour Live At Pompeii, & other live concert DVD's & Blurays!

Attachments

• 20180513_090650.jpg
    20180513_090650.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 108
werner- what are we looking at? please do tell

The main system:

The turntables are a Michell Orbe with SME IV and Allaerts or Lyra cartridges, and a very old GyroDec that I converted into something Gyro SE-like, with my own motor and controller, RB-300, and a Lyra Dorian. The phonostage is a four-box Paradise, but I also have an ISO and several DIY designs. There is a Tascam DV-RA1000 for recording LPs.

The amplifier is a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170. There is a Michell Alecto Stereo MkII in the rack, but this is no longer used. The Panasonic 42" TV and a Denon DVD-2930 are connected to the amp, but the DVD is almost never used.

The main source is a Cubox 4i-Pro computer, hidden behind the amp, running Volumio, streaming from files stored on a QNAP NAS in the basement.

That computer, and the local router, are fed from a DIY linear power supply in the rack. There is another such supply in there, providing two adjustable bipolar supplies (up to +/-26V) for guest phonostages or ADCs or whatever. This is a tidier solution that a heap of wallwarts and SMPSs.

Speakers are ProAc D-40R and, presently, completely restored Quad ESL-57s.

--

The second system shows TEAC 501-series DAC and headphone amplifier, with Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. Normally this is fed from a Raspberry Pi 2 running Moode Audio, but I hardly ever use it. Nowadays this system mainly serves to record to cassette.

The speakers in that picture are a DIY design, built around open-back BMR units. They are digital-active, each with a MiniDSP two-channel amp and processor in their back. Work in progress.

--

In the back of the room is my workplace and storage for unused things. There is an operational system built around a DIY preamp (in the housing of an LFD LS0), LFD PA0 power amp, Rega Planet CD, Sansui T-317 tuner, Apogee MiniDAC, and various cassette decks (I recently started refurbishing them, and the collection has been growing since, really have to start selling.) KEF Q-Compact speakers. You also see a Michell Orca in storage.

That back-side system also receives a delayed feed from the main system, its preamp making a difference signal. When enabled this creates Hafler-style surround for the main system. On many types of music this is very much an enrichment over plain stereo.

I also have my old Cyrus One, Technics SL-1200MkII with lots of cartridges, Marantz CD-52SE, Pioneer DV-444, a Hawk A-18 kit class A amp, and many DIY projects.

Back
Top Bottom