If Mac were to reintroduce a loudspeaker, which would you chose?

They've been there for at least a few months, so I'm sure he's been propositioned a handful times. If he was willing to sell them for under for a couple grand, they would likely be gone. As I said, I don't have the room for them, and I'm not really interested in putting in the work that would be required, in order to flip them. Just taking possession would be a huge undertaking, not to mention storage. I suppose the financial rewards could be worthwhile, but I would imagine that the proprietor knows what he's got, and what they are worth. If I had a nice 30'x50' room, it might be another story.
Line Arrays rule a big roost. 20 years ago i would of passed too. Being older Every time I have jumped no regrets. See my white rhino thread.

Line Arrays rule a big roost. 20 years ago i would of passed too. Being older Every time I have jumped no regrets. See my white rhino thread.
If those were XR290s, sitting in that lobby, I would have done everything in my power to acquire them. I think those would fit quite nicely in my listening room.
I remember an email from Roger, where he told me that he used a pair for several years in a 10'x12' room before replacing them with his IDS-25s!!!

If those were XR290s, sitting in that lobby, I would have done everything in my power to acquire them. I think those would fit quite nicely in my listening room.
I remember an email from Roger, where he told me that he used a pair for several years in a 10'x12' room before replacing them with his IDS-25s!!!

Roger told me the same. He said he set his on the long wall when asking him about how to set up my XR290s. You should build you a set of the IDS-25s. They sound very similar in near field to XR290s and are great up through moderate listening levels.

You should build you a set of the IDS-25s. They sound very similar in near field to XR290s and are great up through moderate listening levels.
I'm still hopeful that my XRT20s are going to keep me happy for a very long time, but they have to go back to the repair shop, as one of the speakers came home with an issue. My listening room is 15' x 21-1/2', so it should be a decent enough size for my XRTs.

I forgot you were restoring the XRT20s. Hopefully all is squared away satisfactory to you soon. You will love the 20s.

Back
Top Bottom