JBL l65 Jubal Project

fizzgig

Just what I need, another project. But I've always wanted to try out a set of JBLs in my office to see what they sound like.

Buddy texted me about a turntable, but I saw speakers in the pic and asked about those. Saw they were JBL and asked price. $50!!

Told him I would buy them for that price and he texted back and said they'd take $30!!!

Foam needs replacement, few dings in the cabinet and the glass has a couple scratches, but should clean up nice. Will test drivers over the weekend and see where we stand.

Cant wait!
20180510_205850.jpg 20180510_205809.jpg

Just what I need, another project. But I've always wanted to try out a set of JBLs in my office to see what they sound like.

Buddy texted me about a turntable, but I saw speakers in the pic and asked about those. Saw they were JBL and asked price. $50!!

Told him I would buy them for that price and he texted back and said they'd take $30!!!

Foam needs replacement, few dings in the cabinet and the glass has a couple scratches, but should clean up nice. Will test drivers over the weekend and see where we stand.

Cant wait!
View attachment 1184202 View attachment 1184204
OMG! That's ridiculous. :bowdown: Welcome to the ESC (epic score club) :beerchug:

Very nice! I don't know why I like the Jubal models but they're certainly classic JBL designs.

Nice lines of the cabinet and an excellent driver line up. Can't ask for better!

Cheers,

David

I know the excursion on these drivers can be large, so what would be the best recommended outer foam for them?
I've seen a few online but prices vary a lot. I'm not concerned about price. I want the best. Thoughts and opinions?

Wonderful score; just amazing. I would build custom stands for them, at least 8 inches high, put in some nice caps and clean the L pads.

Yes. For now I have a couple 1ft tall wooden boxes to set them on.

I may turn them on their side to see how the dispersal changes.

Interesting. If you turn them on their sides, you can (fairly) easily rotate the tweeters to suit: They have a 90-degree (horizontal) by 25-degree (vertical) dispersion pattern at 16 KHz.

You might also consider redoing the grille cloths in a more vibrant color, as I did with my L300s. (Huntley Audio on eBay carries some great colors in reproduction JBL cloth.) It really brings them back to life, visually.

28377528_10216189637194093_479143187273348090_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hell yeah! Welcome to the effen major score club! I always love the design of the Jubals.

Zonk is the go to guy with JBL questions.

Look forward to following along as you bring them back to their former glory!

Cheers, Glenn

Great Deal there. I see these popping up locally all the time, but for a lot more money. Always wanted to try them out but so far its not in my budget. Hope yours work out well and cant wait to see what your impressions are of their sound.

Back
Top Bottom