The WEATHER...how much does it effect you?

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
Been giving this topic/issue/concept some thought for a while and decided that WEATHER is effecting me more all the time!

This year has been so mixed up, I can't tell it's Summer, or Spring or Fall (autumn to some). The temps have been all over the map. One day in the high 70's...other days it's in the high 30's. And rain! Gloomy skies like never before...so it seems. Even the birds are completely PO'd! Some are chirping they want to go back south, like right now.

I know many activities have been cancelled. Weddings are a mess for photos. Fields are so wet many can't be used. And the famers? Well, don't go there. Most are in the coffee shops...grumbling.

Have we messed up the climate so badly, or is it just a cycle thingy that we are going through. Even Europe for the most part had a he## of a winter.

I guess, you can suspect, that weather is bothering me...just a little bit.

Thank God for the Cave!

I 've got to be the only person effected by this thing called...WEATHER.

Q

Weather is definitely wonky this year--shorts one day and sweatshirts the next--and yes, it does impact my mood, health and general well-being.

Ya.....if winter is not cold and snowy I'm usually not in a good mood all winter. I'm in a good mood all spring and fall.... summer as long as it's not above 85 I'm good.

Mind you I still have fun and enjoy everything no matter the weather.

There's a saying up here that goes something like this. There are no bad weather days, just bad clothing choices.

I can take just about anything but I dislike wind driven rain. My wife seems to find something to dislike about most weather but surprisingly she likes the rain! To each their own.:rolleyes:

I don't especially enjoy the extreme heat, but I absolutely HATE winter time and everything about it. From the cold and snow to the shit the state dumps on the road that eats your vehicle away from the bottom up.:mad: If there weren't so many difficulties involved, I'd move from here in a heartbeat.

The older I get, the more hot weather bothers me. Used to the cold weather, just bungle up! The heat, you can't do nothing about it, just shuts you down!

Don't know how anyone can live down South, too hot for me!

I totally agree with you. When I was a teen, or a twen, I could not get enough of sun, I could not get enough of hot summer heat. I loved it. Now I fear the months May, June, July and August.

September has become my favourite month. Nature is still awake, everything is green and the weather is nice - no heatwaves anymore, at least over here in South West Germany.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you. When I was a teen, or a twen, I could not get enough of sun, I could not get enough of hot summer heat. I loved it. Now I fear the months May, June, July and August.

Yes, the Summer heat didn't bother me when I was young. Last Summer it was pleasant with normal temps in the upper 70s, around 80, normal rain. Hope we don't get a hot dry Summer! The best part of that, no grass cutting! ;)

I live in northeastern Arkansas...so we see lots of wild swings in the weather. 40 to 50 temperature swings in one day are fairly common.
We are now cycling into summer....it will be around 95F for the next several days. A couple of years ago we had two weeks of 110 to 116F heat
during August. In the winter...we always get some ice and snow...but nothing that usually lingers on. But the temps get into the single and minus digits!

I live in northeastern Arkansas...so we see lots of wild swings in the weather. 40 to 50 temperature swings in one day are fairly common.
We are now cycling into summer....it will be around 95F for the next several days. A couple of years ago we had two weeks of 110 to 116F heat
during August. In the winter...we always get some ice and snow...but nothing that usually lingers on. But the temps get into the single and minus digits!

Well - you may got used to it, anyway I can't believe that people can exist in such circumstances... or even enjoy life... you can't take your AC everywhere you go...

The States are supposed to have higher than usual temps this year with an abnormally high hurricane threat.....

We are getting temperature swings here in the Pacific Northwest with the usual amount of rain. Mostly high 80’s in the summer just like always with an increase of a few more hotter days in the lower 90’s.

The only real thing to worry about is the loss of moisture in the ground during hotter months and adding the right amount of saw dust, pete moss and decomposing leaves to the soil will alleviate that problem.

Weather is pretty mild in Northern California so it's not a huge deal, but I strongly prefer the colder weather. With the electronics in my house I almost don't even need to use the heater during the winter, so you can imagine how the opposite scenario plays out during the summer...

Knees are a big problem. Change is what seems to bother me the most. If it would just stay cold, medium or warm, fine. We heat with wood, so the knees take a beating all winter. I used to detest heat, but now I prefer it to cold. IMO, the climate on Maui is about right. Bring on the Mai Tais!

The weather definitely influences my mood. I really dislike winter because of the snow. I can deal with the heat of summer, but too many hot and humid days in a row is fatiguing. I really like September through mid-October. Warm days, cool nights and the foliage.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom