Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues

Gnesen

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I discovered this new YouTube Red series last week and have to admit that I finished all 10 episodes in a few days. Daniel and Johnny going at it again. A fun, guilty pleasure, complete with the original actors (except for Pat Morita and Elizabeth Shue). As a child of the '80's, I had no choice but to watch this. Parts are actually quite funny, more of a dramedy than a straight on drama. However, beware, this series is not family-friendly -- plenty of swearing and innuendo.

The first two episodes are free. Beyond that you need a YouTube Red or YouTube TV subscription. (Side note: we dropped Xfinity/Comcast for YouTube TV a few months ago and haven't regretted it at all.)

Last edited:
This is an awesome series. 9.4 on imdb. Its amazing how they built a whole backstory around the karate kid. Its very nostalgic Ralph Machio sure has an awkward figure. Still a toothpick. Im on episode 6. Some of the best tv ive seen in ions

Last edited:
After June 10th, Comcast has stated they will downgrade ANY subscriber's Internet connection (to the minimum 5 MB connection), if they don't have Cable TV also.
That's a pretty hostile thing for them to do that. And how can they get away with this? Is their no competition?

When Net Neutrality dies, Comcast can control WHAT YOU SEE on the internet, using their connection. That is how. It is pretty simple really.
Well thats not right that Comcast can firce their customer's to get the full package to get access to the best performance. There has to be some regulations in place to be able to avoid this situation

Loved the series, watched all 10 episodes within 24 hours!

After June 10th, Comcast has stated they will downgrade ANY subscriber's Internet connection (to the minimum 5 MB connection), if they don't have Cable TV also.

I've never had cable TV, but have had a Comcast/Xfinity cable modem since 2001... there were a few years that they made me pay for basic cable or pay an extra fee. Currently I PAY for 1GB internet currently. I've heard rumors of this before... the day it happens is the day I sign up for Fios

I hear you @botrytis being in the ISP industry since the late 90s, there are plus and minuses for each side within net neutrality... but I lean to the "it should remain in place" myself.

but for now... I pay for a level of service / pipe size. Also, a majority of my data transfer is within a VPN so port throttling / blocking doesn't matter so long as my pipe size matches my contract.

This is news to me. We haven't received any such notice from Comcast to this effect. Unless some letter was automatically tossed in the recycling along with 95% of all the other mail we get.

When Net Neutrality dies, Comcast can control WHAT YOU SEE on the internet, using their connection. That is how. It is pretty simple really.
I hear you @botrytis being in the ISP industry since the late 90s, there are plus and minuses for each side within net neutrality... but I lean to the "it should remain in place" myself.

but for now... I pay for a level of service / pipe size. Also, a majority of my data transfer is within a VPN so port throttling / blocking doesn't matter so long as my pipe size matches my contract.

Looks like the changes to the net neutrality rules are on hold, at least for now. Though, it sounds unlikely that the House will go along...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/politics/net-neutrality-vote-senate-democrats/index.html

Back
Top Bottom