Stopped in a record shop and holy crap!

GD70

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
IMG_5087.jpg IMG_5088.jpg IMG_5089.jpg IMG_5090.jpg IMG_5091.jpg IMG_5092.jpg IMG_5093.jpg IMG_5094.jpg IMG_5095.jpg IMG_5096.jpg This is in Haverhill MA.
We stopped in this town to eat after visiting my mother in law for Mothers day.
I went in with my son, and my jaw dropped! Music playing in the shop was through two pairs of ADS's, didn't get the model numbers, bur it sounded great in there.
We made a turn and this is what we saw!
Glenn

Last edited:
Cool.Thats a lot of gear but I don't need any of it and don't want any of it.Especially at those prices.I guess to a nube it is quite a sight but I guess i have been at this long enough where it just isn't the same anymore.:smoke:

Last edited:
Although it's nice to see inventory like that I'd be willing to bet they aren't moving much of it - prices look awfully high.
They are selling retail, not AK, Thrift, Charity Shop, yard sale or estate sale last day. In other words it ain't vintage and cheap, just vintage. That is a good thing. Maybe there will be another generation that enjoys the gear we bought new or lusted for

I didn't see anything I had to have, but it was a lot of fun checking it all out.
I thought it was interesting with all the gear, the owner was playing music through the 4 ADSs. There were a lot of nice and large speakers there.

Stacking turntables never made sense to me. Consignments and walk in unloads along with lay a aways help a brick and mortar store. Also they would seem to need a tech on hand to deal with any issues.

Prices marked verses prices paid might be a wide gap in the end.

Barney

There is a lot of desirable gear at welfare records. The Mid-Fi we enjoy on AK and although Glenn didn't see stuff he would want to take home this was the gear that drove the market back then. Not everyone bought the biggest otherwise the Pio SX-1980 would be ubiquitous instead of coveted.

The one price I saw was the 4 chunks of Pio, SA-9800, SG-9800, CT-F1250 and RT-909, all top of the line units for 3k and well a more reasonable retail might be 2/3rds of that maybe there is some wiggle room and a system discount when one buys the speakers. If these units are priced like they were when new and discounted appropriately, then those List Prices are Spot On. Pio gear sold for 1/3 off at the warehouse stores and a bit more at the real stereo stores.

You have to start somewhere on prices and you can never go back up. Good to see a store with gear. Curious as to the work done prior to sale and any after sales concerns.

Cool.Thats a lot of gear but I don't need any of it and don't want any of it.Especially at those prices.I guess to a nube it is quite a sight but I guess i have been at this long enough where it just isn't the same anymore.:smoke:

I am an oldbe and that much cool equipment will always be fun to look upon. We have a small record shop in downtown Sacrament called Delta Breeze Records and while a LOT smaller, there are always interesting items to see. They had a Sansui 9090 in the shop and it was the first one I had actually seen in person. I hope I never get too jaded to not enjoy such a huge collection.

Back
Top Bottom