Marantz 2275 for recapping

Looks like creeping alien mold in some kind of horror movie. You touch it and before you know it, monsters are bursting out of your chest.:eek:

Looks like its been dug up from a garbage tip and then put on ebay, hoping somebody will buy it.
It wont be me..Lol

I would love to have it just to see what I could do with it. But not for something in the $200 range. Maybe $50. It’s likely to become a parts unit if it’s even good enough for that. But I really enjoy cleaning up these dirty old things.

On second thought after seeing the bashed in rear panel and what looks like the aftermath of battery acid being spilled through the top down onto the transformer I would not want to take on that challenge!

Bob

I just made an offer....

let's see
If you have, hope its not much, even the faceplate looks damaged, what could be reused?
I would laugh thou if it was pluged in to the mains and it just worked. Remember the marantz that was in a fire and worked after, Marantz used the event on one of their adverts.

85fb2404082e288c87bf242d1da04035.jpg

not much. I will know in 29h if I get it or not.
I like living on the edge ... :whip:

Good luck with the offer.
It would cost more than the unit is worth for postage from Athens to the UK.
Please let us know if you win the receiver and what you intend doing with it.

Been thinking, if you got the receiver for a good price than breaking it for spares could bring in a profit...

:lurk:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom