Why do gin and tonics taste so danged good

0008366499043_0_A1C1_0600.png

Yes please.

Thanks to whomever started the Bombay Sapphire Gin and Fever-Tree tonic threads, I've become a fan of Gin.
It's something I'd swear I'd never be a few years back.
Since Bombay is my scale right now, how does the Hendrick's compare?

Thanks to whomever started the Bombay Sapphire Gin and Fever-Tree tonic threads, I've become a fan of Gin.
It's something I'd swear I'd never be a few years back.
Since Bombay is my scale right now, how does the Hendrick's compare?

Apples and oranges really.

Hendrick's isn't traditional in that it's infused with rose and cucumber. Yeah... I thought the same thing when I first heard about it, and coincidentally I was a die-hard Bombay Sapphire fan. One G&T made with club soda and "El Guapo British Colonial Style Tonic Syrup" (which if you haven't tried.... you should) instead of a pre-bought tonic water was enough to change my allegiance! It's now my favorite. Even if you try it and don't like Hendrick's, do yourself a favor and get a bottle of that syrup and make your own tonic water!

However, when I'm out of El Guapo, Fever Tree is the best!

Heading north to Maine in a few weeks and just noticed the New Hampshire State liquor stores have the regular white label Bombay on sale, 1.75ml for $25 each. I might have to wave in one or three.

It's 86 here right now...and you guys are makin' me mighty thirsty. Seagram's is my gin of choice for tonics. I have a couple of mugs dedicated for G&Ts...park 'em in the freezer for a couple of hours, pull 'em out when they're nice & frosty, add ice, a generous dollop of gin...and then enough lime to give the mixture an appealing faint blue hue. Swig heartily & repeat until prostrate:)

It's 86 here right now...and you guys are makin' me mighty thirsty. Seagram's is my gin of choice for tonics. I have a couple of mugs dedicated for G&Ts...park 'em in the freezer for a couple of hours, pull 'em out when they're nice & frosty, add ice, a generous dollop of gin...and then enough lime to give the mixture an appealing faint blue hue. Swig heartily & repeat until prostrate:)

In about a week it will be 86 at 5AM here in "surface of the wet sun" miami beach and G&T is the only way to stay cool and put up with the douchebag contingent.

I often end up with Diet-Tonic in order to reduce calories. A sacrifice that this Diabetic is willing to take.
The Polar Diet Tonic with Lime is ideal. Of course, I also add fresh lime if available. Great summertime drink to cool me down!

Oh you don’t like booze. :rolleyes: :D That explains your sentence regarding Gin. Not all Gin is the same. There are many different types of Gin, each with own unique tastes.

I tolerate most booze, but every GIn I've tried, wow, nothing but disgusting. Kind of like tomatoes. Yeah, I hate them big time.

Long time Bombay Sapphire drinker for Martinis and G&T.

Lately, I prefer Hendricks for Martinis (very dry, up with Blue Cheese stuffed olives, shaken not stirred, thank you). However for G&T it is strictly Bombay Sapphire with fresh lime and good tonic water.

Long time Bombay Sapphire drinker for Martinis and G&T.

Lately, I prefer Hendricks for Martinis (very dry, up with Blue Cheese stuffed olives, shaken not stirred, thank you). However for G&T it is strictly Bombay Sapphire with fresh lime and good tonic water.

Good tonic is fever tree Mediterranean tonic designed for gin and tonic or Q tonics

Just got some Tanqueray Rangpur. Supposedly more fruity and don't need a lime or lemon. I'll see later tonight. Mixing with fever tree Mediterranean tonic

Follow up. Waaay too much fruit for me BUT today tried it with Sprite and a good balance. Won't buy it again since I like classic juniper with a touch of lime. This is way over the top lime and other fruits...way far from classic gin

Back
Top Bottom