Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

"Rain Forests, Oceans, and Other Themes"
John Fahey, guitar
Varrick 019
(12" stereo LP record)
Released 1985

Headphones: Sansui SS-20 2-way
Receiver: Kenwood KR-5150
Turntable: Dual 1229
Cartridge: Stanton 881S
Stylus: Pfanstiehl 4825-DEZ .2x.7mil elliptical

3D388870-92AE-4668-818C-04B81ECCD7D1.jpeg

Album; Chico Hamilton
Track; Misterious Maiden (Yin and Yang Club)
Some people have said these AKG K702 phones are light on bass. This track has fantastic percussion on it that shows the bass of these cans to be deep, tight, crisp with definitely no muddiness.

I had the original V-Moda LPs with me last night. I found myself skipping over many songs with vocals but some dance and EDM type stuff is awfully fun on the V-Modas.

Tonight is back to the Sennheiser HD4.40s which I'm really growing to like. My biggest complaint is that, while my ears fit in just fine, they are a bit snug front to back. Nothing unbearable though. I wear them basically three hours at a time.

Very decent sound for a Bluetooth set and i got these for $59 refurbished from Newegg though they look brand new.

The remastered "Blue Valentine" by Tom Waits.
I have the original version on the flashdrive as well. When I am not about to crash I might do a side by side comparison.

Raspberry Pi/HiFiBerry Digi+ > Schiit Modi Multibit > Schiit Valhalla > Sennheiser HD600s

Fink, "Trouble's What You're In" from the Live version of the Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet album via TIDAL through this guy...

index.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom