B&W Matrix 1 find

Thespeakerdude8

Snagged a pair of these at a garage sale for two big mac meals. One's got a little damage on the edge of the cabinet like it was shoved against a shelf hard, but its not bad. The other is in great shape. I've got them hooked up to my Magnavox 8801 right now- sound very good! Not as much bass as my nova 6's, but more accurate, faster, and tighter bass. It also helps that these are 4 ohm speakers, better load for my Magnavox.

Whats the general opinion on these here? Any information on them? Oh yeah...they are black, not the walnut versions.

They are very nice speakers. Add a good quality sub and they'll be great. Here's my score link with some info. Mine are walnut. They need a lot of power. $1800/pair new!!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190083

I called B&W and they sent me The original Matrix sales brochure with specs and picture etc. They might still have some left. Their customer support is excellent.

since photobucket crapped out s well as the other host i used i need to figure out something.
i dont see how i can send pics straight off my computer...

since photobucket crapped out s well as the other host i used i need to figure out something.
i dont see how i can send pics straight off my computer...
Just drag and drop right in your thread comment box, wait to finish uploading before you post.

Had a pair once, these things are incredible. Screws to remove the drivers are hidden behind plastic caps on the baffle

I saw that-
I think the whole baffle board comes off doesn't it?
i was curious to see the cabinet construction but i resisted removing the little "tabs" that cover the screws on the front.

These are the best stand mount speakers i've owned- smooth non fatiguing with an extended top end with well articulated bass given the drivers size.

these were what,1200 dollars in their day?

Got a deal on a pair of DM301 and a pair of DM601, I already had a pair of DM23. I really like the B&W sound. Very addictive, not harsh, love to be fed power. A cannot go wrong brand in smaller speakers from my experience. I have never had the pleasure of listening to any of their floor models.

Back
Top Bottom