Source for Golden Tube SE-100 Power Transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geek

Nerd
Hello,

Got a GTA SE-100 with a smoked power transformer. Two open secondaries I have no idea the voltages (any help? Maybe I can meke an off-the-shelf sub). All voltages unloaded.

Pri: Blk/Wht -120V
Sec 1: Grn/Yel - 605V (HV)
Sec 2: Blk/Wht - 357V (Scrn)
Sec 3: Red/Yel - 40V
Sec 4: Red/Blu - 6.9V (heater)
Sec 5: Red/Blu - open
Sec 6: Red/Blu - open

Any ideas what the open secondaries should be or better, a replacement source?

Cheers!

There is a Yahoo users group dedicated to this amp. I would join that and see if anyone there can help out.
Seems that there is a lot of issues with these amps as they have a bunch of mods to make them reliable.

BillWojo

Hi Bill,

There was a Yahoo group. My bookmarks for it come up 404 and its existence isn't found by Google ot Yahoo Groups search :(

Cheers!

Given my experience with GTA and that B&W are one primary, one screen, I don't trust the colour coding.
The two bad secondaries were off the board when I opened it. It had been serviced before by ... ???
The schematic I have for this thing is so inaccurate, I don't trust it either.

Thanks!

I'm surprised about the Yahoo Group but I just did a quick search of my email and found that the last post I had from it was on 12-23-2017. It's listed as defunct in my groups list as well. If you were a member you can pull up all the old post, I tried it but I'm not sure if they are search-able.
I wonder what happened to it.
A few years ago there was one listed on Barter Town at a good price and I joined the group to learn more about them. After seeing all the problems I decided not to pursue it any further. Seems with a number of mods they can be made to perform well. I do remember that there was a company that sold kits to bring them up to spec. Not sure who it was but they may be able to help.

BillWojo

OK, I've shot Sonic Craft an email :)

@6DZ7 - No, it's not a CT'd transformer, it's two wired per for bridge.

Cheers!

Thanks, 6DZ7!

And thank you all for the assistance. I will also contact Toroidy.pl to see if they can rewind it. The client seems to want it fixed, so I have to exhaust all possibilities before engineering a new PSU :(

Cheers!

Join that group and ask the members. It's the only Golden Tube forum that I know of. Hopefully they can be of some help.

BillWojo

Have you tried Heyboer, they just made a new power Transformer for me for my
Fisher X202C, I bet you could send them the original and the spec's and they could
build it for you.

Have you tried Heyboer, they just made a new power Transformer for me for my
Fisher X202C, I bet you could send them the original and the spec's and they could
build it for you.
Hi, 3-year-old thread is dead.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom