What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Sports announcers with access to computers during games.

They babble constantly during games, bringing up every single piece of trivial statistics they can find. Shut up and call the game. I don't really care how may times the shortstop scratches his nuts when he's batting left-handed and has a full count.

I don't really care how may times the shortstop scratches his nuts when he's batting left-handed and has a full count.
I don't really share your peeve, but that's pretty funny right there.

Last edited:
Groups of people that walk in the middle of sidewalk, side by side, slowly. When you rushing to get to class and I get stuck behind people that do that I've been know to jump out in the busy street or walk on retaining walls to get around them. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't leave for class only 5 minutes before it starts but procrastination is a virtual (at least I say so)

It's probably been mentioned, and I might have been the one to bring it up, but I detest people who pull out and poke. I was going to take my niece and nephew to school yesterday since my brother in law is working and my sister doesn't want to wake up the 2 year old nephew and get him out. About a mile before the stop sign, a car pulls out on me, lollygagged at about 35mph, stopped for the stop sign, and then turned without a signal. Where did you get your driver's license, out of a Cracker Jack box?

I did some accident reconstruction forensics during my first job out of engineering school. I read many police reports and depositions were people would intentionally use complicated language to describe simple facts

i.e. "the defendant was driving at a high rate of speed" ....It would annoy me every time because it creates more confusion that others tend to repeat and adds no value to the problem....(Do you mean "rate of distance" over time....because that is already defined as speed....or "rate of speed" as in acceleration? do you mean the driver was accelerating? ...) Just say the car was moving faster/slower or at the speed of traffic...arrrgg

I did some accident reconstruction forensics during my first job out of engineering school. I read many police reports and depositions were people would intentionally use complicated language to describe simple facts

i.e. "the defendant was driving at a high rate of speed" ....It would annoy me every time because it creates more confusion that others tend to repeat and adds no value to the problem....(Do you mean "rate of distance" over time....because that is already defined as speed....or "rate of speed" as in acceleration? do you mean the driver was accelerating? ...) Just say the car was moving faster/slower or at the speed of traffic...arrrgg

"Upon arrival at the scene, we determined that..." :(

There's an active shooter at a high school Texas this morning, and all three major news broadcasts lead with the "Royal Wedding".

Sad state of affairs.

People that call others "opinionated" only because they don't share their opinion.

People saying, "nobody is perfect" or "that's just me", only to give their selves permission to keep doing whatever it is they do that they probably shouldn't be doing.

Doors in rest rooms you need to turn a knob or some such to get out.

Sadly, many men don't wash after taking care of their business and I have to turn the same knob to get out that they did. This problem is exacerbated when the rest room has no paper towels, only those forced air dryers.

Why they don't standardize and make a universal law that all rest room doors must be push to exit?

I HATE that too! It's huge in office environments. I work in IT, so I have to attend many corporate meetings. I get so sick of office double-speak. "Mr. CoogarXR, your request for the purchase of a particular piece of hardware, namely the upgrade to the storage infrastructure has been denied. The requisition in question does not fall inline with our projected fiscal outlook at this particular point in time."

A simple "Nope, we're broke" would suffice.

I must be turning into the proverbial grumpy old man. Two things in a parking lot plunked my magic twanger this afternoon. IT's not the first time for either but I can're recall both at the same time before.

First, why does a family of five spread out and walk side by side in the middle of the aisle. I guess they don't realize they are for cars, not a wide sidewalk.

Second, I realize you want my parking space and are willing to wait for it but, please, don't block me in and not give me enough room to back out. I guess you don't realize that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. I actually had to get out and motion for this putz to back up.

get off my lawn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom