cell music to reciever-

jami w.

just being me thats all
i'm going wireless to listen to music from my cell phone through my stereo.

as of right now im using a rca patch cord into a stereo jack into my phone. i have no issues with sound at all, the only issue i have? is with rca patch cords their 3' long, which means i can't sit/ lay back an relax on my couch. i'm sitting 2' away from cell and stereo.

my only option i think would be to find a way to add length to patch cord so i can sit on couch. OR would there be ANOTHER OPTION? its been remedied im going bluetooth with the logictech blue tooth wireless reciever.

:thumbsup:(issue has been resolved) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What kind of cell phone do you use? Various options exist, but I use an AppleTV 3 optically connected to an external DAC. The screen mirroring feature allows anything playing on the phone (iPhone 7) to play through the main system. As long as the phone is within wifi range, it works.

I did a thread not long ago streaming lossless from a Samsung s7 through a DAC to stereo.
If that's what you want to do, do a search .
If you have no luck , reach out and I'll find for you.

Another vote for a Bluetooth receiver. Works a treat. No way anybody will be able to hear a difference compared to any other type of connection.

I've got one for home and one for the car.

What kind of cell phone do you use? Various options exist, but I use an AppleTV 3 optically connected to an external DAC. The screen mirroring feature allows anything playing on the phone (iPhone 7) to play through the main system. As long as the phone is within wifi range, it works.
galaxy s-7

Get a Bluetooth receiver to connect to your receiver. They range from about $30 to $170, and the better ones sound quite good.
i didn't know you could do that thanks Rich! im gonna have to look into it. 30/40 range would suit my needs.

I did a thread not long ago streaming lossless from a Samsung s7 through a DAC to stereo.
If that's what you want to do, do a search .
If you have no luck , reach out and I'll find for you.
im going to look at the bluetooth route as Rich mentioned. something new to me.

I use Amazon Fire tablets to run Spotify Premium. When using my home Wi-Fi network I can use my cell to control Spotify running on another device......instant remote control !

I use the Chromecast Audio that you can pick up for $30. Works much better than Bluetooth, since it works off of your home network. Better range and you can do more on your phone while your music is playing from it.
I agree.

However, it's worth noting that the audio isn't playing from your phone when you're using a Chromecast. The Chromecast is actually streaming the audio from its source whilst your phone acts as a remote control. This means you can even reboot the phone without affecting playback, but your media must be accessible to the Chromecast -- such as being on a streaming service. If the only place it exists is as (for example) FLAC files on your phone, a Chromecast might not be for you.

I agree.

However, it's worth noting that the audio isn't playing from your phone when you're using a Chromecast. The Chromecast is actually streaming the audio from its source whilst your phone acts as a remote control. This means you can even reboot the phone without affecting playback, but your media must be accessible to the Chromecast -- such as being on a streaming service. If the only place it exists is as (for example) FLAC files on your phone, a Chromecast might not be for you.
I had forgotten that! I use Google Play right now. Upload what you want and play it by casting to the Chromecast. I also use a Bluetooth receiver for playing from Youtube.

Another solution that I use in my own home was suggested to me here on AK a few years ago - a Teac CD-P650.

main.jpg

It is a standard CD player, but also has a built in USB port to connect devices ranging from USB drives to mobile phones. It then uses its internal DAC with a Burr-Brown chip to decode the audio, bypassing the mobile device’s internal DAC.

It sounds excellent, and is an easy way to stream music into a system without any additional losses.

Highly recommend at least checking this out as an option.

Back
Top Bottom