What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Oh I've had a few tape decks. Gave one away not too long ago. It was a NAD. My issue is a lack of space, I had to pull the CDP out of the mix to use the Kenwood. I wanted to bring my rack home yesterday but I don't have the ability to lug a 250-300lb rack up a narrow flight of stairs alone. My gals little brother can help, but he is in class/work till the evenings. I hope I can do it this weekend. It would give me more space in the area. I need to finish up the tables, and get the rack in. There will be some changes to the set up soon, just have been super busy this week. I'm off in an hour and already making a list of crap that needs to be done. Over spending on a tape deck is not on the list! :)

Now if I find a good cond. Dragon for a good deal... that's another story! :)

Right, A beast. Not cheap. Check this out for decks on sale daily
https://www.vintagecassette.com

I can't stop thinking about this. I've always wanted this, but could not afford $8.8K when it came out....Sony CDP-R1 / DAS-R1 Combo These are the actual pictures of the unit that is for sale/ Can get this for about $1.8K
i-img1200x796-1525136660rklv04295539.jpg

47e5ea4ada2e.jpg

4cc64bedb98e.jpg

36a146f668ca.jpg

f9a0e82649b7.jpg

57c773cd530a.jpg

0df554f70e9f.jpg

These pics are from the NET:
This is the DAC, DAS-R1
DAC_inside.JPG

This is the Transport CDP-R1
1-1.jpg

Together the combo weighs over 80 lbs!

Someone from Japan on E-bay is selling just the CDP-RI for $2,150.00 plus $250.00 for shipping. Sounds like $1850 for both is a real bargain. I believe these came out in 1988. Stereophile mag gave this combined unit an 'A' rating at the time of their release.

Good info and thank you sir! Not sure if you saw a couple of my earlier post, but I’m also watching a couple of NAD’s... the 7140 and 7250pe. I honestly think at this point it’ll come down to the best deal I can get of the three. I’m drawn to the Lux, because my own experience with the 113. The NAD’s seem like very solid receivers also, their phono stage is suppose to be really nice, which I really like and their underated power and the headroom they have.
Too bad you couldn't sample them side by side.
If an NAD amp sounds anything like an ADCOM, it's going to be a little drier and tighter than a Lux sound.

MCS 6601. Built by Technics for JC Penny back in the day. Used it for a year saving for the MK2. Sounded pretty nice. This is not my pic, It's in storage. Learned table set up with it. I have 2 mats you can try. Just need shipping, And it's yours. Let me know.
View attachment 1188937
Rob, don't sweat that it's not a direct connect to PC vinyl ripper. Remember back last year when we talked about that. That's totally not required. to rip vinyl. It's simply a means of connecting a turntable to a pc without an amp in the middle of the equation.

Back
Top Bottom