What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I'm listening to it now and sounds ok by my old ears. Maybe it's the Pickering but the highs are there. Slick and Balin's vocals are clear and up front. I do recall the tape back in the day lacked sizzle.
But these dang click, pops and surface noise. How can any of you listen to this archaic vinyl any more.
MP3's are where it's at. The future. Get on board! :p

My past started with vinyl; my future will end with cd's.

Yes ~ Close To The Edge
1972 Atlantic 1994 CD remaster 82666-2

https://www.discogs.com/Yes-Close-To-The-Edge/master/35006
017.jpg

Considering it's 24 years old, the artwork is very faithful to the original vinyl right down to the Atlantic label on the CD. I've got other stuff from that era that just looks slapped together.
019.jpg

Off to the LRS before he closes. And the pub afterwards.
Tonights project will be a simple recap on these Mystery Dynaco's. a Single 12uF electrolytic swapped for a PIO West Cap.
Rubber surround 4" woof + 2" paper tweet.
And maybe the resistor if I have the right value on hand.
I can find absolutely nothing on these speakers. They are Dynaco's, SEAS drivers, and the paper tweeter actually has real good sound.
Not even the Dynaco website has anything on them. All I can find is they officially never existed.
mystery dynaco.JPG

OK guys, have to give a lesson then head home. More "Jazz and conversation, from the foot of Mt. Belzoni" later...

If anyone besides the absent FOH can reference the above quote (without Google-cheating!), you will win a shiny new "No-Prize," in the words of the great Stan Lee.

GJ
Sweet music, tonight the night and is mine. Late night, 'til the sun comes through the skylight. Donald Fagen "The Nightfly" about an overnight DJ in Baton Rouge, LA.

OK guys, have to give a lesson then head home. More "Jazz and conversation, from the foot of Mt. Belzoni" later...

If anyone besides the absent FOH can reference the above quote (without Google-cheating!), you will win a shiny new "No-Prize," in the words of the great Stan Lee.

GJ
BTW...the least you could do is award meaningless points like "Who's Line is it Anyway"!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom