cell music to reciever-

I just use an 8 foot rca cord to the rca 3.5 mm patch. It reaches my desk and bed so it works for me
im pretty sure your comment, is exact oppisite of what im looking to do.
as i stated im looking to get away from from patch cords.

Another vote for Bluetooth audio. Dead simple and sounds great. I have one on my Yamaha Cr 2020. It cost about $40.
exactly what im doing, not sure if im gonna try the logitech blue tooth or a harmon kardon i found online for 40 bucks.

I use a salvaged laptop running Linux Mint with Kodi installed. My ripped files are on its HDD and there is a Spotify app as well. I can sit on the couch and control either from my cell phone, although getting the laptop to play nice with my USB DAC is a constant battle.

im not getting into chromcast laptops and all that such.
i very simply just want to play my music from my cellphone and listen through my stereo. im going a plain simple route like Rich pa and a couple others had said bluetooth. and its settled im just looking at the differences between a logictech verse harmon kardon bluetooth reciever.

im not getting into chromcast laptops and all that such.
A Chromecast Audio isn't a laptop. It's a wee cheap -- usually $30 or £30 -- DAC (that can also interface with a better DAC) that is wired to your amplifier and uses your Internet connection (wired or wifi) to access streaming services or Google Play uploads, and uses your mobile phone, computer, or tablet as a remote control. If you're already using a streaming service like Google Play, a Chromecast Audio works well and may be cheaper, better sound quality, and sometimes more reliable than a Bluetooth connection.

If you're playing files that are only stored on your phone, then Bluetooth is the best way to go.

Be careful with the cheap bluetooth adapters. You get what you pay for here. The good ones (audioengine b1) actually sound pretty good. The $20 cheap ones aren't worth the space they take up imo unless they've improved them over the past year or so.

Be careful with the cheap bluetooth adapters. You get what you pay for here. The good ones (audioengine b1) actually sound pretty good. The $20 cheap ones aren't worth the space they take up imo unless they've improved them over the past year or so.

This is sound advice, and the main reason I decided to go with the Teac I mentioned upthread. At the time I was looking, the compression quality to send music over Bluetooth would have been worse than the headphone jack, so I ruled it out. I suspect improvements have been made in the last few years, but that is something to take into consideration.

im leaning towards the harmon kardon one
im sick of the patch cable between cell an stereo grrrrr :)

Rich pa & motorstereo nailed it, as what im looking to do. plain easy and simple. 50 bucks or under-
im ONLY looking to go wireless between cellphone music to my stereo, nothing more nothing less. (bluetooth, is the remedy)
thank you to the both i mentioned above.

also,like REYDELAPLAYA says USB port on CD players are also good...I use the Yamaha S300 cd player with USB port...NICE!

That Yamaha almost looks identical to the Teac. I’m kinda wondering if maybe the internals are pretty much the same and just a slight modification on the outside and sold as a rebadge like they do sometimes between car companies.

Specs seem to be identical right down to the Burr-Brown chip. Wonder what other audio companies have something similar? Hmm...

If you are using an iPhone then an Apple Airport Express is working for me. No wires and you are digitally streaming to the Airport Express, which seems to have a pretty decent DAC.

Extends my WiFi network as an added bonus.

Another option I used in the past was to leave my lap top by my speaker (and huge monitor) and use a wireless mouse and keyboard over where I sit. Leaves my phone entirely out of the equation and no more cords than what you already have :)

exactly what im doing, not sure if im gonna try the logitech blue tooth or a harmon kardon i found online for 40 bucks.

One thing you can do is order a few of them from Amazon, listen to them and return the ones you don't like or that don't perform the best. Two things make a bluetooth receiver good; Range, Audio quality. I found that some of the super cheap ones had crap for range and sounded like garbage.

But for me, the point of diminishing returns was at around the 40-50 dollar mark where they all sounded pretty much the same to me but were differentiated by how far away I could get with my phone or pad before they cut out. And there's no middle ground... they work or they don't. Once you get to the limit of the range the audio just cuts out. The Outlaw Audio one proved to be the best when I got mine about 3-4 years ago. I'm sure things being how they are with "computer things" there have been vast improvements since then.

Bottom line... it's hard to go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom