First trailer for "Magnum P.I." reboot

Oh i dont know about this one. Im sure it will work with today's generation but my opinion this one should be left alone. If anything maybe a movie instead.

Yay. Yet another remake/reboot.:boring:

Heaven forbid Hollywood comes up with a new, original idea.:rolleyes:

^^This...

Magnum PI is the first show (and truly the only show) that I always made sure the VCR was set to record. I was deeply invested in that show.

I'll give this reboot a fair shot, but...

Nevermind... I can't be fair.

Last edited:
Why do they BOTHER??
they could make shows with new names, lift/recycle the old stories as needed, and STILL make a ton over reboots of old-name ones ...

I'd subscribe to watch old episodes of Vegas with Dan Tanna (Rober Urich) in his T-bird!
Michael Mann did that show and it was GREAT!

Watched the reruns every weekday at noon during college. I was waiting for the awesome theme music in that trailer. Hard to beat Tom Selleck's charm. And mustache.

When people quit watching reboots, they will quit making them. There are a lot of new shows available to watch, many more than ever before. Many of them are excellent, between Netflix, Amazon, and cable there are many more original shows than the normal person could possibly watch. I don't get the "they are out of new ideas" mentality

I'd watch a McCloud re-pop with Woody Harrelson in the role. (He did a similar job as Carson Welles in "No Country for old Men".)
How about a new detective show that's a "How Get em" like the Columbo series?

Oh i dont know about this one. Im sure it will work with today's generation but my opinion this one should be left alone. If anything maybe a movie instead.

Matthew McConaughey was offered the role of Thomas Magnum in the movie version.

I'd be much more interested in seeing Selleck revisit the role.

And there is a lot on Netflix. They are picking up lots of foreign / British tv series and many of those are outstanding. The BBC's Luther is a good example.

While we're on the topic, any of the services streaming Magnum P.I. right now?

beat_truck said:
Heaven forbid Hollywood comes up with a new, original idea.:rolleyes:

Thier programming doesnt allow it..... It only allows taking GOOD things and making crap out of it....

Back
Top Bottom