What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

What does a reel tape go for these days. Old days a bit more than the LP.
They vary a lot. I've found a few decent classical titles for under $15 shipped. I think I paid over $100 for one rock tape I really wanted. Some good rock tapes can be had in the 25-40 range. If you want Abbey Road or other highly sought after titles, you might need to lay out several hundred. I don't plan to go there. It is enjoyable to pick up something I want at a good price, which happens more often than expected. It helps if you like stuff that was not wildly popular, like this Quarterflash.

rps20180516_193520.jpg

They vary a lot. I've found a few decent classical titles for under $15 shipped. I think I paid over $100 for one rock tape I really wanted. Some good rock tapes can be had in the 25-40 range. If you want Abbey Road or other highly sought after titles, you might need to lay out several hundred. I don't plan to go there. It is enjoyable to pick up something I want at a good price, which happens more often than expected. It helps if you like stuff that was not wildly popular, like this Quarterflash.

View attachment 1189309

That Quarterflash is awesome!! Never seen it on reel to reel. :eek:

mobsa2187.jpg

Taking an "American Pickers" break; maybe one more before bed(?).

GJ
Love that show.
They actually picked a joint in my Mom's hometown one episode. Mt. Savage, MD. population 873 and ever declining. Blew my mind as they were driving down that narrow mountain road. I knew it so well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Savage,_Maryland
Salvage Dawgs returned this week. Another favorite of mine.

Back
Top Bottom