Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Thanks to @avionic for his great work, the M-2 arrived yesterday and the C-4 last week (have to love Fedex and their schizo methods). I already knew how good of a pre the C-4 is but the M-2 is new to me so I'm basking in my first glow of Yamaha amplification. Won't be able to REALLY give it the workout I want to as I have family visiting until early next week. In the meantime I sneak in a bit of listening. I've read comments at times about supposedly the NS-1000M's not having the greatest bass, obviously they are not feeding their speakers the "right stuff".

Next steps will be to shift a whole lot of stuff around to get this gear off this ancient buffet, but that will take quite a bit of work, so until then this shall have to do.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 9
Been a Yamaha fan since 1981 when I bought my first stereo as a freshman in college in Raleigh, NC. Got a BOTL integrated amp and tuner. Had few other pieces since coming back into the hobby about 6 years ago. Use a CR820 in my bedroom daily.

Today got a good deal on a minty B2 and C2a. Sounding very good on my Altec 14s so far. Sorry for the cable clutter and poor presentation.
IMG_0338.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 43
Got this CT/CA-610II pair from a local Goodwill for $30. Loose speaker selector, blown driver transistor, and fusible resistors replaced and amp was good as new. Tuner no problem. Also has been recapped. Later I had some intermittent background burst noise gently tapping with a plastic tuner tool identified the offending transistors and after replacing the pair in both channels its been great.

IMG_20180521_020149.jpg IMG_20180521_020914.jpg

Last edited:
Also have a CR-800 needed new output transistors,fusible resistors, back panel fuse holder, and lights replaced. Still sounds good with the original caps. Pictured with my Sherwood sitting on top of it. Also had the fun of restringing the tuner.

Sherwood S-7200 Yamaha CR-800.jpg

Last edited:
My list includes the following AVRs RX-V1800 (purchased new), RX-V1900 and an RX-V1500 (purchased used), cassette decks 2 x KX-800 and a KX-630 used, and a BD-S681 (new) all of which is in steady use with the exception of the KX-630 as I haven't received it yet.

Back
Top Bottom