What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Final spin, but at four sides it's a long spin. Some interesting discussion on the ELP thread prompted this play.
My first classical music purchase 40 years ago, though at the time I didn't realize what I was getting into despite my prior knowledge of ELP.
Fist pumping to the Karelia Suite with no knowledge at the time for what I was listening to.

Keith Emerson With The Nice
1972 Mercury SRM-2-6500

https://www.discogs.com/Keith-Emerson-With-The-Nice-Keith-Emerson-With-The-Nice/master/97990
024.jpg

025.jpg
Check is in the mail, however I hear there is a problem going from KS to Delaware, so it could be delayed by a decade or two. :)

Yeah, I wish I would have known about them before. I'd love to hear one. Sounds like your friend has done his homework and being a Marantz guy, he surly is not looking to "downgrade" Let me know how you/he likes it once he receives it. Very interested.

Edit: PS> Did you notice the beefy front panel. You usually don't see that type of quality until the $2K price point.
I will let you know and yes I noticed front panel.

Thought I would post a pic of the Boston HD10 crossover. A 2 way and PR. 3 caps and 2 chokes and a resistor. I don't know enough to know:)
View attachment 1189193 I already have the drivers back in the boxes but I think the red and black went to the mid bass driver
Three caps and two coil more a resistor ..maybe a 12 db octave filter.. knowing their values we could establish more or less the cutoff frequency :)

I can't stop thinking about this. I've always wanted this, but could not afford $8.8K when it came out....Sony CDP-R1 / DAS-R1 Combo These are the actual pictures of the unit that is for sale/ Can get this for about $1.8K
i-img1200x796-1525136660rklv04295539.jpg

47e5ea4ada2e.jpg

4cc64bedb98e.jpg

36a146f668ca.jpg

f9a0e82649b7.jpg

57c773cd530a.jpg

0df554f70e9f.jpg

These pics are from the NET:
This is the DAC, DAS-R1
DAC_inside.JPG

This is the Transport CDP-R1
1-1.jpg

Together the combo weighs over 80 lbs!
so whats holding you back?
not something that comes along very often
and 1.8k is just a pinch off the pile...
if you let it go you may not see a set again

Oh I've had a few tape decks. Gave one away not too long ago. It was a NAD. My issue is a lack of space, I had to pull the CDP out of the mix to use the Kenwood. I wanted to bring my rack home yesterday but I don't have the ability to lug a 250-300lb rack up a narrow flight of stairs alone. My gals little brother can help, but he is in class/work till the evenings. I hope I can do it this weekend. It would give me more space in the area. I need to finish up the tables, and get the rack in. There will be some changes to the set up soon, just have been super busy this week. I'm off in an hour and already making a list of crap that needs to be done. Over spending on a tape deck is not on the list! :)

Now if I find a good cond. Dragon for a good deal... that's another story! :)

yes a dragon or 1000zx

Back
Top Bottom