cell music to reciever-

guys as i've stated im going very SIMPLE here.
my cell phone+harmon kardon bluetooth+stereo= simple easy and thats all. people seem to pass over that or ignore it.

One thing you can do is order a few of them from Amazon, listen to them and return the ones you don't like or that don't perform the best. Two things make a bluetooth receiver good; Range, Audio quality. I found that some of the super cheap ones had crap for range and sounded like garbage.

But for me, the point of diminishing returns was at around the 40-50 dollar mark where they all sounded pretty much the same to me but were differentiated by how far away I could get with my phone or pad before they cut out. And there's no middle ground... they work or they don't. Once you get to the limit of the range the audio just cuts out. The Outlaw Audio one proved to be the best when I got mine about 3-4 years ago. I'm sure things being how they are with "computer things" there have been vast improvements since then.

Bottom line... it's hard to go wrong.
again as i stated im going with harmon kardon bluetooth its all ready been ordered.

guys as i've stated im going very SIMPLE here.
my cell phone+harmon kardon bluetooth+stereo= simple easy and thats all. people seem to pass over that or ignore it.

Yeah, we see you’ve already decided, but as we usually do here, for posterity’s sake (and the sake of talking audio equipment) we'll still toss in other options and ideas in case someone else finds your thread later. What may not have been the best solution for you might be the perfect one for another reader.

Hope your HK Bluetooth arrives quickly and does exactly what you intend it to. Be sure to update your thread with your opinion of it once you’ve got it set up.

I agree.

However, it's worth noting that the audio isn't playing from your phone when you're using a Chromecast. The Chromecast is actually streaming the audio from its source whilst your phone acts as a remote control. This means you can even reboot the phone without affecting playback, but your media must be accessible to the Chromecast -- such as being on a streaming service. If the only place it exists is as (for example) FLAC files on your phone, a Chromecast might not be for you.
Interesting.

I tried rebooting my laptop while casting to my CCA and it disconnected.

I tried rebooting my android phone while casting, and it too, disconnected.

CCA F/W version 1.30.111140
Android iOS 5.0.2
Laptop Win7

I thought that casting only works as long as the controlling device is 'pointing' to the source to cast.

Maybe this works different for the video Chromecast?

Interesting.

I tried rebooting my laptop while casting to my CCA and it disconnected.

I tried rebooting my android phone while casting, and it too, disconnected.
I thought that casting only works as long as the controlling device is 'pointing' to the source to cast.

Maybe this works different for the video Chromecast?
I don't think so, but if you've safely closed the controller (including shutting down under use control), it might deliberately signal the ChromeCast to stop playing. I've had phone, laptop, and tablet crash heavily (they and the ChromeCasts -- both audio and video -- get heavy use; often with me doing software development in the foreground, which is a good way to inadvertently bring things down in a hurry) whilst in use and notionally controlling the ChromeCast in the background, and the ChromeCast merrily kept playing until I could resume normal operations and take control over it again.

Having said that, I haven't had the controller crash lately, so maybe there have been software/firmware updates that better couple the controller to the ChromeCast.

Though having said that, Nikki had her phone lose control over a CCA last night. The Google Play Music app crashed, but the phone was still live and the CCA was still playing. She couldn't take back control of the CCA, but I could and did from my phone. Then she was able to relaunch the Google Play Music app and use it again.

I don't think so, but if you've safely closed the controller (including shutting down under use control), it might deliberately signal the ChromeCast to stop playing. I've had phone, laptop, and tablet crash heavily (they and the ChromeCasts -- both audio and video -- get heavy use; often with me doing software development in the foreground, which is a good way to inadvertently bring things down in a hurry) whilst in use and notionally controlling the ChromeCast in the background, and the ChromeCast merrily kept playing until I could resume normal operations and take control over it again.

Having said that, I haven't had the controller crash lately, so maybe there have been software/firmware updates that better couple the controller to the ChromeCast.

Though having said that, Nikki had her phone lose control over a CCA last night. The Google Play Music app crashed, but the phone was still live and the CCA was still playing. She couldn't take back control of the CCA, but I could and did from my phone. Then she was able to relaunch the Google Play Music app and use it again.
I didn't do a safe close of the controller - did a hard reboot.

Maybe it has to do with the specific f/w, iOS, and OS?

I didn't do a safe close of the controller - did a hard reboot.

Maybe it has to do with the specific f/w, iOS, and OS?
Very likely. I'll have to do some experiments when I get a moment. If it shuts down the CCV/CCA when the controller goes down, that would be good, given it was annoying when it kept trundling on before.

Very likely. I'll have to do some experiments when I get a moment. If it shuts down the CCV/CCA when the controller goes down, that would be good, given it was annoying when it kept trundling on before.
I'd *like* my CCA to keep on chugging, esp when my laptop starts acting up - but I guess I'm 'special'. :no:

Oh well, apologies for the thread derailment....carry on....:p

I may be behind the times, but does bluetooth audio really sound ok? From what I can tell, it seems there are a lot of issues regarding compression, multiple recoding, caused by compatibility issues and different bluetooth protocols in different devices. Here is an article I just read about it.
Bluetooth was never designed for high quality audio. I am more that happy to be wrong about these shortcomings. I do use a bluetooth adapter in my car, but haven't been convinced to use one at home.
I love the Chromecast Audio, and think it is a real game changer in terms of bringing older audio gear into the modern era. It really hits the sweet spot between quality, convenience, and cost.

I'd go Topping or SMSL Bluetooth DAC.

Chinese are putting out some very high quality, high value DACs right now.

Sorry if I missed it...but was there a link to the Harman Karmin blue tooth?? Thanks

Hey, @jami w. I know you already have the issue resolved with the HK bluetooth device. But, I'm curious... what is the source of the music to which you will be listening? Music actually stored on your phone or from a music streaming service (i.e., Spotify, Tidal, etc.). I don't recall seeing that specified in the conversation. Sorry if I missed it.

Hey, @jami w. I know you already have the issue resolved with the HK bluetooth device. But, I'm curious... what is the source of the music to which you will be listening? Music actually stored on your phone or from a music streaming service (i.e., Spotify, Tidal, etc.). I don't recall seeing that specified in the conversation. Sorry if I missed it.
youtube music server i have over 300 albums in it. NOT the youtube to watch vids though.

youtube music server i have over 300 albums in it. NOT the youtube to watch vids though.
I'm not familiar with that. And a quick google search yeilded no real results. Are these albums you've uploaded to the server?

Back
Top Bottom