Isn't this rushing things a bit?

Not if you're in advertising. The sooner they can start to beat a campaign into you and the more frequently they can repeat the message the better they like it.
Repetition breeds compliance = $$$

Last edited:
Just think about how quickly Xmas ads and decorations go up in your local stores...and on TV, billboards, etc...

Armadillos carry Hansens Disease ("Leprosy")
I know- I was joking.

I actually didn't know. I tell you guys, I just keep learning stuff here!

I've grilled steaks, chops, burgers and chicken several times this month. What's yer issue?

They're implicitly warning us that it's almost over already, that's what!
index.php

Don't read this: in just over a month, the days start getting shorter again
index.php

Warned you not to read it, didn't I? I'm the bringer of happiness y'know.

I actually didn't know. I tell you guys, I just keep learning stuff here!

They're implicitly warning us that it's almost over already, that's what!
index.php

Don't read this: in just over a month, the days start getting shorter again
index.php

Warned you not to read it, didn't I? I'm the bringer of happiness y'know.
Yes, that is a downer. Why, oh why?

I tell ya, the only real message is to enjoy the here and now to the fullest.

I believe the future and the past are both fictional anyway.

When I worked for J.C. Penney, you went straight from Christmas to spring. I kid you not. Swimwear started appearing in January!

When I worked for J.C. Penney, you went straight from Christmas to spring. I kid you not. Swimwear started appearing in January!
As one with some Irish blood in me, I'm disgusted by this. Skipping St Patrick's is just wrong. JCP just made 'the list'!

I get where the OP is going with this. My wife is a teacher, and I goof her about back to school sales in June. Or July, if I'm feeling less brave.

As one with some Irish blood in me, I'm disgusted by this. Skipping St Patrick's is just wrong. JCP just made 'the list'!

I get where the OP is going with this. My wife is a teacher, and I goof her about back to school sales in June. Or July, if I'm feeling less brave.
I'm a Christmas freak. November 1, I'm decorating, and I go all out-my sister says it looks like Christmas threw up! I, however, get a bit saddened seeing Christmas displays in August. My goodness, come on, it's still 90-100 degrees outside and you want me to think about snow? Ugh!

I'm a Christmas freak. November 1, I'm decorating, and I go all out-my sister says it looks like Christmas threw up! I, however, get a bit saddened seeing Christmas displays in August. My goodness, come on, it's still 90-100 degrees outside and you want me to think about snow? Ugh!
I fully admit that I'm not the best at getting the Christmas stuff down in a hurry. To be fair I live in Canada though, and no way am I going out in January to take things down. It's all put away as soon as there are some warm days, though.
Leaving it until August is darn close to that "I'll just leave it up for next Christmas" moment.

I recall going to a drug store on the way home from work a few years ago on Halloween, and all the candy was gone. A kid was stocking the shelves with Christmas stuff, and said something like, "This isle is seasonal. Halloween is over".
It was 5pm. I hope the pharmacy people there have a better grasp of reality!

Back
Top Bottom