Anyone bought a refrigerator they like?

I have to think more stores would start doing something like that. When I retire I thought about some kind of recycling operation, taking all the broken stuff from stores and fixing and reselling it.

I have to think more stores would start doing something like that. When I retire I thought about some kind of recycling operation, taking all the broken stuff from stores and fixing and reselling it.

We have several appliance repair and resale stores like that around here. Most have been around a while, they seem to do good business.

When I bought my first house 22 years ago lol my mom bought my refrigerator. It's an Amana and would still be kicking butt if a spring mount in the compressor didn't come loose. The motor rides on 3 or 4 springs in there, I can't remember, but if one comes loose or breaks, when the motor in the compressor stops it's cycle, the down torqueing makes it wobble so you will hear a loud Clank, bang, thunk. I mean it will scare anybody if they're not use to it. It's been doing that for at least 5 years, still working though. I checked out youtube and refrigerator compressors for a while when I was playing around with the one I found. Apparently, compressors from China were causing some problems but I think China is doing better with it's manufacturing today. It's hard to get over it though, when you read, "made in China" on the back, I know, the "oh no" trigger goes off in the brain. I just found this https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-refrigerator/

We have several appliance repair and resale stores like that around here. Most have been around a while, they seem to do good business.

There's a biz a few miles north of me that does just that, I think it's just one guy that owns and runs it. I bet he's making pretty good $ This stuff is usually easy to fix. When I bought that little dump of a house, it had a washer in there that didn't work. Somebody bought a new timer for it thinking that was the problem, it was sitting on the lid. I never tried fixing a washer before. That meant I was going to take it apart because I'm curious. There really isn't much to those things. I saw the door switch looked a little burned. That's all the problem was, the switch, only cost about $20. I think those guys go pick up this stuff, look on CL under "free stuff", bring it to the shop, spend $50 or so on it and sell it for $300-$400.

Back
Top Bottom