Today's JAZZ playlist

Seeing a pic like that, makes me wish the organ lessons folks paid for, Had Took. Alas, had no talent. Can't spell either.

I taught my self to play Guitar and then Piano. I had moderate talent for the Guitar, and a bit better for Keyboards. But for Jazz, I didn't have the chops. As Clint Eastwood used to say, "A man's got to know his limitations." But at least we tried.

In the car all day. Decided to start this morning with Herbie Hancock "ON THE SESSION" (as a sideman) on Apple Music

Playlist HERE

hh_in_studio_courtesy-jessica-hancock-edit-35166113ad97044ca05b4831aa7ab08aa297f1a1-s900-c85.jpg

From Apple Music;
After tenures with Donald Byrd and Miles Davis' Second Great Quintet, Herbie Hancock became one of the de facto keyboardists for the Blue Note label, recording dozens of sessions with such legendary players as Wayne Shorter, Joe Henderson, and Grant Green. Hancock's versatility is underscored in these tracks, culled from the last half-century, which cover a diverse array of styles and arrangements.

I taught my self to play Guitar and then Piano. I had moderate talent for the Guitar, and a bit better for Keyboards. But for Jazz, I didn't have the chops. As Clint Eastwood used to say, "A man's got to know his limitations." But at least we tried.

Agree, I know my limitations. I like many people that worked for corporations, took personality questionaires given by HR department. At end, if you tried to answer accurately it gave hints at tasks, careers you might be suited to. I wasn't suited to the arts. But, no revelation there.

Last edited:
Agree, I know my limitations. I like many people that worked for corporations, took personality questionaires given by HR department. At end, if you tried to answer accurately it gave hints at tasks, careers you might be suited to. I wasn't suited to the arts. But, no revelation there.

Sounds like you may be left brain dominant, more analytical than creative. I'm more right brain dominant. But again, my limits stopped at Jazz improvisation on the keys. I was a decent ROCK keyboardist. If I stuck with it, I'm sure I could have made it a career, albeit not a very lucrative one. Jazz, on the other hand, was beyond my scope of talent-sets. If I stuck with it, I could have been mediocre, and that wasn't something I was comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom