Unsurpassed Master Guitarist Playlist

Well of course Eric Clampton, Stevie Ray Von and Carlos Santana....and Eddie Van Halen !!!

in 1975 Clapton and Santana were touring together. i saw them here in Minneapolis. first Santana and his band played then Clapton and his at the end both bands came out together and played a 24 minute jam Clapton and Santana were toe to toe two of the best together it was AWESOME!!!
this is on the Eric Clapton Crossroads 2 - CD set as well.

Last edited:
In addition to any Richard Thompson album I'll add:
The Bevis Frond - "Sprawl"
In addition to running a top-flight used record store, Nick Saloman still delivers top-flight guitar solos. He may not have the technical prowess of Steve Vai, but that's not all that there is to being a guitar player.

I have a lot of respect for Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew together on King Crimson : Discipline.

Clip of G3 in 2004: Vai, Satriani and Fripp. Satriani and Vai are virtuosos, no question about it.....but it's the little mild mannered Devonshire man sitting in the corner that seems to be able to release 1,000 demons at the 3:45 mark..

I'd love a bootleg of this.

Howard Roberts, Tommy Tedesco, Barney Kessel, Tal Farlow, Kenny Burrell, Hank Garland, etc. The Jazz studio masters were the best of the best. Then there are the Nashville session players from the 50's and Classical legends too. There are several different genres of music besides Rock and most have some astoundingly talented musicians on guitar.

Consider all the genres of music Tommy Tedesco recorded in. He even did Classical recordings on a nylon string guitar playing with a pick (in one of his seminars that's on YouTube he talks about doing that). How many other musicians could pull that trick off?

David and his famous black Strat

tumblr_oybx13c4TC1uaqm75o2_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom