KR9600 No Relay Click

qk3 2sc1567 is 5 watts . so likely to run hot . could have a heat sink added if wished or simply bend it away a little from those capacitors .. rk18 is 2 watts so that can be hot too . it should be up off the board .
board looks fine to me . new capacitors would be a good idea .especially the smaller ones that will be smaller again when changed .

Good to know. I was planning on recapping, was just waiting to see what the issue was with the unit first. Thanks for all your help!

Oh yeah - that picture you posted reminded me - Qk15 (2sa809) - those are supposed to be replaced on sight I've heard. KSA1220AY works there as well. Watch the pinout

Last edited:
So I have functioning KR9600 again, I can't thank you guys enough! I am almost done with replacing the electrolytic caps and was going to do a couple mods. I would like to replace the pilot lamps as well and was curious if anyone knew a good source. I would prefer to stay away from LED's because I prefer the warmer look of the original lamps but I am having a heck of a time finding any with similar ratings. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, so I’ve spent a while going through the receiver replacing caps and doing some mods. I thought everything was working but I noticed tonight after putting it all back together that when I engage the tone controlls I lose the right channel. Any ideas what this might be?

First thought would be a dirty switch or pot. If all was well before you worked on it - and if you recapped the tone board - check for a backwards cap, a bad/missed solder joint or a solder bridge.

Back
Top Bottom