anyone in virginia?

I’d be up for a meet up.
Go to oldies pretty regular. Usually has some ok stuff. Been kinda lacking lately. Vinyl daze I thought was kinda pricy but has some good stuff. AFK books and records is ok. Haven’t tried birdland in a while. Bought a pioneer system from electric audio few months ago. I thought price was fair. Have a receiver, turntable and some speakers my wife got me for my bday few years ago from action. That was the start of this lol. Anyone know where to get any reel to reel music around here? I bought a reel To reel that’s supposed to be here by now.

And record store day is coming up! Not much I’m shooting for this year but fantasy usually doesn’t have much of a line. Oldies get some stuff. South side places get more I think but way more people.

I’d be up for a meet up.
Go to oldies pretty regular. Usually has some ok stuff. Been kinda lacking lately. Vinyl daze I thought was kinda pricy but has some good stuff. AFK books and records is ok. Haven’t tried birdland in a while. Bought a pioneer system from electric audio few months ago. I thought price was fair. Have a receiver, turntable and some speakers my wife got me for my bday few years ago from action. That was the start of this lol. Anyone know where to get any reel to reel music around here? I bought a reel To reel that’s supposed to be here by now.

I have a couple of crates of home recorded reel to reel tapes that were a throw in on some stuff I was given a couple of years ago. You are welcome to take a look and take what you think you might be able to use.

I was just there on Sat 3/17. He’s just moving a few feet up front, to a larger space. His name is Dave, and he’s fair to deal with. I bought my Klipsch KG’s from him last year, and he does negotiate on price.

If you want to get him going on music, start talking about the Grateful Dead.

His selection of gear is pretty varied; best way to stay current, more or less, is to follow Electric Audio on FB. He often posts pics of recently acquired gear there.

As far as vinyl goes, though, Birdland in Va. Beach is still THE place to go, IMO.

Oh, before I forget, I’d be up for a meet & greet, too.

I've yet to make it to Birdland, but it'll have to wait. I bought my last record for a bit yesterday.... decided to start saving $$ for a new receiver. Lord give me th strength :biggrin:

Have a receiver, turntable and some speakers my wife got me for my bday few years ago from action.

Good to know. Spoke to him on the phone about a year ago about doing some work on a Sui receiver I had bought, real nice guy. I thought he just did repairs there. Will have to go check out his inventory of receivers.

Was wondering if anyone in the Newport News area had experience doing a recap on receivers? And if so, would you be interested in helping me go through my Sansui that needs to be done? I've never done one and wanted to learn how... I'd supply the beer:D

If I was there brother. I have no idea when I will be back, probably straight to SF from here.

Was wondering if anyone in the Newport News area had experience doing a recap on receivers? And if so, would you be interested in helping me go through my Sansui that needs to be done? I've never done one and wanted to learn how... I'd supply the beer:D

Or experience with tube console amps. I have a Magnavox Amp 185 almost complete, but not confident in firing it up without having someone looking over my work first......

Or experience with tube console amps. I have a Magnavox Amp 185 almost complete, but not confident in firing it up without having someone looking over my work first......

Heading out the door to work but if you take some good pics and email them I will look tonight. Did you already check for obvious shorts (leads touching things). I think you have my email.

Heading out the door to work but if you take some good pics and email them I will look tonight. Did you already check for obvious shorts (leads touching things). I think you have my email.

Just sent them over... let me know if you need any more. I have gone through to check if any leads are touching and everything appears good to go there.

Nat

I wish I had the skills to help you out. If it takes more than a couple shots of DeOxit and a new fuse then I am out of my league. Best of luck getting every thing up and running.

Nat

I wish I had the skills to help you out. If it takes more than a couple shots of DeOxit and a new fuse then I am out of my league. Best of luck getting every thing up and running.

Thanks bro! That’s close to the boat I’m in... kinda why I took on this project. I’ve recapped it and wired it all, just not confident putting plug into the outlet:biggrin: @GChief is helping me out, so should be all good soon.

Holding down the western VA front, Crozet'ian here. pretty slick website/forums, helped me restore two Duals and a Yamaha CR-420. thanks to everyone for having this community, strong!

Ted: Couple of weeks ago my wife and I took a driving trip from Williamsburg to Madison WI for my son's wedding. Drove right past you on 64 and didn't know it. Welcome. I've met some very nice people here more local to me and we've actually gotten together a couple of times. Hope that can happen for you. Dave

Back
Top Bottom