Your first album

Late bloomer here. I was in 8th grade back in 1978, bought Alice Cooper Killer from Kim's Comics and Records in Auburn, NY. I didn't have a proper stereo. I used to play it on a Show and Tell.
I still have the record.

I was in 5th grade when Beatle Mania happened. While I gave up on the Beatles early in high school, I did like them early.

My first album I can recall is a Beatles record.. but not on Capitol Records. Taste of Honey was on it, if that helps. I recall selling it a short few years later and some other records at a record store, and the buyer was very interested in my copy. Don't recall what I got for it. Even though I had scribbled all over it, it didn't seem to matter to this fellow.

Funny... I would have thought I'd never forget my first time... oops, first album.:whip:

First one with my own allowance cash was Bostons first right when it came out..1976 i think.. I remember reading the album jacket..it kept saying " listen to the album" played on a craig quadraphonic with 4 little speakers in my bedroom

Blind Faith. My older brother (by four years) actually selected and paid for it, but since he requested my opinion at the time (and I wholeheartedly agreed), I consider it my first album as well. :) Has essentially been in my possession ever since (almost 50 years ... yikes!).

Pink Floyd. The Wall.

We may or may not have rolled a few doobies on the open double album cover......but that's a story for another day.

Beach Boys "Little Deuce Coupe". Bought it at the first Tower Records. Opened Sacramento Ca in 1960. Cost me $2.33. Stereo copy.

My Dad brought me Meet the Beatles (Capitol Records mono) in 1964 from a business trip to NYC. I was 6. I played the heck out of it on my toy jukebox record player. Been rockin’ ever since.

Back
Top Bottom