How To Talk To Girls At Parties

Nothing to do with the clip but in my experience, we humans don't really get interesting until we are in our mid 30s. Young girls are nice to look at, but like many sports cars, wouldn't want to have one, especially as a daily driver. Women (and men) though, 35 plus especially when they had some life experience above and beyond the "party/black out drinking" stage, start to get really interesting. There are exceptions, but they are that...exceptions.

Women (and men) though, 35

If single, are now jaded from being sent packing too many times. I had 3 kids by the time I was 35 and the thrill of the opposite sex had waned considerably. Women had ceased being desirable, now just fellow humans. Which is OK, of course. Just not very exciting.

Nothing to do with the clip but in my experience, we humans don't really get interesting until we are in our mid 30s. Young girls are nice to look at, but like many sports cars, wouldn't want to have one, especially as a daily driver. Women (and men) though, 35 plus especially when they had some life experience above and beyond the "party/black out drinking" stage, start to get really interesting. There are exceptions, but they are that...exceptions.

Maybe you are just too old to appreciate the younger, fairer sex. Not everyone in their 20s is into "black out" drinking. As for going to parties, what is wrong with that?

I never saw a sports car that I would not like as a daily driver. Sure it may not be practical, but no one buys a sports car or motorcycle for practical reasons.

Last edited:
I want to chime in and say this is based on a short story of the same name by Neil Gaiman which which I have not read in quite a few years. I should read it again. It was strange, a little disturbing, but good. Looking at the trailer, they definitely expanded on the story, though kept the central concepts.

I want to chime in and say this is based on a short story of the same name by Neil Gaiman which which I have not read in quite a few years. I should read it again. It was strange, a little disturbing, but good. Looking at the trailer, they definitely expanded on the story, though kept the central concepts.

I just looked it up and read it. I would like to see the movie as well.

BobbyBluz said it was unrealistic. Well it is a sci fi story and it was 1977.

Seems the Brits have cornered the market on these quirky, charming, character-driven musical flicks. I blame The Commitments.

For an interesting dramatic look at UK skinheads in 1983, racism, and the surrounding ska scene, This Is England is a good flick.

Back
Top Bottom