Firmware update Yamaha AVR

I just did it, didn't take long at all. I wonder what changes were made? It says stability improvement, but I saw no issues.

The only thing I experience very occasionally, and it might not be the Yamaha is I have speaker fault shutdowns, "Check Speaker Cable". I might have a problem with the left side Polk Monitor 10B's crossover. I rebuilt them a few years back. I purchased a replacement set of crossovers and am going to rebuild them. I have much better equipment now to do the job with.

I missed the update on the 15th, but managed to catch up to it today. Having problems with my 3070 connecting to my PC server. Wifi connection took, as well as Wifi Direct, but still failed to connect. Putting off Window's update, I decided to give that a shot, and still no joy. Receiver sees the router, just not PC. Folder is shared ... so??? ... this has happened before and it seems it's always a different fix. Resetting the 3070 didn't fix it this time. Really wish Yamaha would list the instability issues they are attempting to fix. Perhaps as it fixes someone else's instability it introduces someone else an instability they didn't have previous.

My Yamaha is hooked up to my PC via HDMI and the AMD Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 GPU. I also use the AMD True Audio from the GPU as well. The hook up was routine. The True Audio feed from the Radeon GPU is far superior to what I had from an ASUS Xonar Essence soundcard. I have a music server setup using jRiver, which I don't use much I am having trouble getting it to see all of my music files, about 9 TB worth. The Net Radio is really good, and the reason why the Tuner on this AVR has never been used, nor will ever be used.

My Yamaha is hooked up to my PC via HDMI and the AMD Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 GPU. I also use the AMD True Audio from the GPU as well. The hook up was routine. The True Audio feed from the Radeon GPU is far superior to what I had from an ASUS Xonar Essence soundcard. I have a music server setup using jRiver, which I don't use much I am having trouble getting it to see all of my music files, about 9 TB worth. The Net Radio is really good, and the reason why the Tuner on this AVR has never been used, nor will ever be used.

Oh nice transmaster. So, your wired in, cool. Not tried that, but .... I've wanted too to be honest for games. I have a 1080ti running a 35 inch 4k preditor monitor. I've just used the internal sound card which does fine but have wanted to wire in a line to the Receiver for surround. Thanks for the ideas.

That said, @whoaru99 ... I've been saying that since Window's 95 my friend.

My Big LG panel has failed. I suspect I have some bad radial electrolytic’s in it’s power supply. Something that is a know issue in some of these TV’s the old cutting corners on on cap’s problem. I could probably fix it but I is not a 4K panel and the display technology has improved a bunch. Plus it does not support what this Yamaha AVR can do with video.

My TV is 6 years old and I'm just waiting for it to go so I can do an upgrade. I can get a much better, bigger one for half what it cost, and it cost 1/3 of the one it replaced which died at 5 years when the PS in it died. No cap issue, a regulator blew and took a bunch of stuff with it. If I had the money the first one cost, I could buy a 55" OLED TV now, and still have some cash left over.

Of course, since I kind of want it to die, it never will. It will probably be like my old Mistubishi TVs, they lasted forever. I had two of them, one finally got so there was no way to use the VCR on it as the wheel type tuner was just worn out and and I ran out of VHF presets to move to Ch3. It was 24 years old, the other one was 35 and counting! It still worked, but everything was a sickening green.

As a follow up, I finally got my RX-A3070 hooked up. As a refresher, both the Receiver and Window's decided to update at the same time, and this act caused the Receiver to not see the server drive on my PC. I kept getting "NO Connection" on screen. Dedicated drive was shared, path was correct, just couldn't get it to connect. So, square 1 was to wire connect to router. Still couldn't get it to see the drive. Hosed ....... So, back to the manual for trouble shooting. Reading in the only section it mentioned it ... DOH ... I needed to fire up Windows Media and select Streaming>Automatically allow devices to play my media. (face Palm-head shaking). Even though I do not use Windows Media Player, you still have to check the Automatically Allow Devices to play my media tab.

Back
Top Bottom