Patreon, trying it out

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
You have probably heard that Youtube is getting rather interesting in it’s restriction of channels, and because of the automated nature of it reporting system it is easy for people to get channels banned. Youtube is also restricting advertising revenue. There are alternatives. One that seems to be taking off is Patreon. More and more people are moving to Patreon. There you subscribe at $1 Dollar per show. I like it because the producer of the video is paid directly. I decided to try one of my Favorites “Primitive Technology” a very interesting show out of Australia. I think I will also subscribe to Carlson’s Lab. You can setup monthly payments using Paypal. You are debited $1 Dollar for each newly posted show plus you have access to all earlier shows. Primitive Technology typically posts 1, or 2 shows a month on Youtube. Plus there will be
shows only posted to Patreon so we will see how this works out.

I support five or six groups on patreon. It is a great service I think, and not just for videos. There are several webcomics I like and I support the creators through patreon. I support my friend's youtube channel about street food in China on there, and there is a niche rollplaying channel on twitch/youtube I support so I can get audio versions that I can listen to while at work.

This direct support is what has attracted me. The Carlson's Lab shows are $2 Dollars each and the educational nature of them make this a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom