Hammarlund HQ-145X

bre's dad

I drank what?!?
Not a stereo tuner, but still a tuner (shortwave general coverage). I'm needing someone to do an alignment on it. Can anyone recommend someone? Prefer not to ship as it's large & heavy. I'm in south central Indiana.

Maybe check the antique radio forums or videokarma. This one should be pretty simple to align since its just AM. Don't need fancy gear for this, just a reasonably stable and accurate sig gen will get it done handily.

You could probably touch up the alignment it with the crystal calibrator signal, if you have the plug-in crystal calibrator.

What makes you think it needs to be aligned? These radios usually wouldn't drift too far off unless someone was messing with it.

If sensitivity is way low, I would look at capacitors, then tubes, in that order.

This one should be pretty simple to align since its just AM. Don't need fancy gear for this, just a reasonably stable and accurate sig gen will get it done handily.

Double conversion super, 5 selectable bandwiths in the second IF, BFO.
required is OM with heart for BA. A sweeper test place, tubes tester, some other gears. And a lot of fun, this is one of the very better radios.
greetings
Martin

Back
Top Bottom