What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

When I left in 2004 I sold my home for $235k. Prices fell hard a few years later. I could probably buy it for that or less today.

That same house placed in the Bay Area would be 5-6x that now. Back in 07 I was renting a place in Santa Clara, it was 2 bed, in a nice area for $1100 a month, in 08 I was paying $800 for a one bed, now I'm paying almost triple that for a small one bed.

hi all
i'm like 40 pages behind
just lack of time
i'm going back to my old job with the same company i work for now
i will do part of my old job [ unload the mail plane, by hand ] and then go do my regular delivery route [ parcels only ]
this strictly strategic.
they currently only have 1 driver left who has all the papers [ huge security check at the fed level ] when the lay offs happen in august i will be able to drive on the runways.it also cost the company a fair amount to pay the tax to get tarmac perm for the vehicle its self
when the lay off's happpen [50-60%] i hopefully will have a good enuff review to be kept
until then i am just totally burned out

last night i mentioned a change in subwoofer use
i dropped one sub way down for hz and upped the power ..... Wow!
i probably have it a bit too loud right now, but i hear bass like i've never heard before,bass that i never heard before on recordings i know
and even fun stuff like james brown is great

loud is just over 100 db
normal listening is around 80 db

what he said is very true .... wanna show off a system....... this wil V V

We do like EDM and Electronica provided it's not overly cluttered.
Shpongle and Simon Posford has put out good electronic over the years.
Got a good sound system? Shpongle was made for it!

wait for the flutes

Last edited:
New receiver? A bread box?
I got nothing. Funny size I guess
It's one of those new foldable kinds of vinyls.
My money is on an electric dog polisher, a half-eaten Snickers bar, and a copy of Florence Foster-Jenkins "The disco remix"...
Or, a half used tube of Preparation H, 8~track of Mullet Rock and some Hostess Orange cupcakes from the 7-11 :)
044.jpg

Ok, that was even more fun than I thought it would be.

Here's what it is.
Te-Te went shopping at @bobsvinyl's Good Will store. He found this binder stuffed with heavy metal CD's.
046.jpg

He actually bought them with the intention of passing them on to someone here who digs metal. He asked me if I'd like them and showed me pics of most of the discs.
I had no idea of what I was seeing, but investigation showed me that it was a series of heavy metal compilation discs that were made around ten years ago.
A bunch of bands that I've never heard of playing a wide variety of hard core metal. Most of it is pretty thrashy from what I can gather and old school thrash is some of my favorite stuff.
So I'll be exploring a ton of metal that I'd have otherwise never been exposed to. The bulk of my metal collecting ended in the '90's.

There's like three separate series represented here. A whopping 77 discs in all.
048.jpg

049.jpg

Playing this one right now. The Flame Thrower Nun cracks me up.
045.jpg

So thanks a ton Te-Te, this is gonna be a wild ride!!!

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Regarding the Topaz. If we perform a current leakage test and also O'scope the output to observe the AC sine waveform, then I would be comfortable telling you how it might be able to be used in your system. Biggest concern is the 500VA limit and the monster Carver amps you have, most specifically the initial inrush current. Get the DVM like I mentioned, we'll need a true RMS meter. Also, we need a current clamp. With this you can measure the peak inrush current when you fire up the system.

044.jpg

Here's what it is.
Te-Te went shopping at @bobsvinyl's Good Will store. He found this binder stuffed with heavy metal CD's.
046.jpg

He actually bought them with the intention of passing them on to someone here who digs metal. He asked me if I'd like them and showed me pics of most of the discs.
I had no idea of what I was seeing, but investigation showed me that it was a series of heavy metal compilation discs that were made around ten years ago.
A bunch of bands that I've never heard of playing a wide variety of hard core metal. Most of it is pretty thrashy from what I can gather and old school thrash is some of my favorite stuff.
So I'll be exploring a ton of metal that I'd have otherwise never been exposed to. The bulk of my metal collecting ended in the '90's.

There's like three separate series represented here. A whopping 77 discs in all.
048.jpg

049.jpg

Playing this one right now. The Machine Gun Nun cracks me up.
045.jpg

Good on ya’ @Te-Te ! Nice collection there....enjoy!

044.jpg

Here's what it is.
046.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

Playing this one right now. The Machine Gun Nun cracks me up.
045.jpg

I'm so disappointed. But nice try, Te Te. ;)

Back
Top Bottom