What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I see that the topic concerning the character of this thread has surfaced again. I say we rename this thread the "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends" since everyone here is friendly and many friendships were formed here plus this thread could keep going for many more years to come. :thumbsup::D:beatnik:
Sounds good to me.:p

Hi Jim,

This thread had a life of its' own, with much, much positive interaction and friendships. If it's because the content does not match the thread discription and that is a problem, then maybe we should consider changing the name to: current name + everything else. The people that have left here went to a similar thread with nearly 0 interaction.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris
Agreed. They're keeping it tight over there. Music, music, music, nothing but music. Virtually no discussion. And that's fine. I don't bother to post anything there. It's pointless to me, especially in light of the fact that some of our old friends are shunning this thread. It's sad really, but it is what it is.
I see it as a wall. I'll stay on this side.

Just my 2 cents....This thread has a group pf individuals who not only care about what they are listening to....but why and on what and how they got there and how their significant others think of it, along with their pets take on the Beach Boys. I have a hard time believing that this ONE THREAD has so many people up in arms. I may be wrong.....it wont be the first time.
:bowdown:
We need a "You Da Man!!" emoji.

I see that the topic concerning the character of this thread has surfaced again. I say we rename this thread the "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends" since everyone here is friendly and many friendships were formed here plus this thread could keep going for many more years to come. :thumbsup::D:beatnik:
Nope, keep the name of the thread exactly as it is. We run off the rails once in a while but we always get back on track.
So what?

If you "people" rename this ....will you tell me...or should I go back to being one the nameless creepers on A.K.? I have to tell everyone I thought this was one of the best threads on A.K. I don't think you should change a thing, don't make it a sterile environment... there's enough of those threads on A.K.

Folks! Lets stay on point with the topic of the thread. While I know that this has kinda become a community of AKers. The content sometimes stretches the boundaries on many occasions and crosses the line that accepts we do have some female members. You have lost several long time members posting in this thread because it is all over the place and often in places not admired by other members. Please try to limit it to music and what you are listening to and enjoy your friendships, just not at the expense of others. The meandering off topic has caused me to not post as much as previously as well.
Maintain speed and heading, but stay the proper course,
Jim
Hi Jim,

This thread had a life of its' own, with much, much positive interaction and friendships. If it's because the content does not match the thread discription and that is a problem, then maybe we should consider changing the name to: current name + everything else. The people that have left here went to a similar thread with nearly 0 interaction.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris
I have to agree with blitz on this. This thread does have a life of it's own, and I like it that way. If I just want to look at album covers with no interaction, I will flip through my record collection. It is the people just as much as the music that I am interested in. The people that bailed out to the other thread were well within their rights to do so, but, I don't see this one suffering because of it. If a post bores you or even offends you, scroll down! (BTW, very little here could really be considered offensive). You can't learn anything from a random piece of album art. I want to know the back story, why you listen to it, who you are, why should I give it a shot. All that comes from the participants, not a picture. I have learned more from this thread than I could ever have hoped for, and picked up some VERY GOOD friends along the way. If the thread has lost a couple of contributing members because it strays off point on occasion, well...as stated, there are a plethora of other threads from which to choose. Just my opinion...

If you "people" rename this ....will you tell me...or should I go back to being one the nameless creepers on A.K.? I have to tell everyone I thought this was one of the best threads on A.K. I don't think you should change a thing, don't make it a sterile environment... there's enough of those threads on A.K.
I've posted several questions on AK over the years on technical things and ideas.
Rarely ever hear back on them if ever.
Here, I can PM someone and get some info or ideas.

Noticed I used "people" didn't want to offend.

I have to agree with blitz on this. This thread does have a life of it's own, and I like it that way. If I just want to look at album covers with no interaction, I will flip through my record collection. It is the people just as much as the music that I am interested in. The people that bailed out to the other thread were well within their rights to do so, but, I don't see this one suffering because of it. If a post bores you or even offends you, scroll down! (BTW, very little here could really be considered offensive). You can't learn anything from a random piece of album art. I want to know the back story, why you listen to it, who you are, why should I give it a shot. All that comes from the participants, not a picture. I have learned more from this thread than I could ever have hoped for, and picked up some VERY GOOD friends along the way. If the thread has lost a couple of contributing members because it strays off point on occasion, well...as stated, there are a plethora of other threads from which to choose. Just my opinion...
Eloquently stated. Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom